Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pentacon 135/2.8 Zebra...What a handy idea - M42 adjuster
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:40 pm    Post subject: Pentacon 135/2.8 Zebra...What a handy idea - M42 adjuster Reply with quote

Just discovered that on the Pentacon 135/2.8 Zebra, there's a rear conical adapter which can be rotated and locked in position, so that the lens is at the correct orientation - which gets rid of the annoying mis-centering of the M42-EOS adapters.
It means that the Pent Zebra is the only M42 lens I have which actually mounts the right way up now. Smile

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you may find that there should be a screw-in anti-rotation peg on the lens body that engages with a cutout on the mount and that yours is missing.

I have three Orestor 135s and all three have this anti-rotation screw.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right - the peg's missing. Much better that way, I think.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:12 pm    Post subject: Re: What a handy idea - M42 adjuster Reply with quote

Farside wrote:
Just discovered that on the Pentacon 135/2.8 Zebra, there's a rear conical adapter

Just to add that the cone is actually an interchangeable mount, with M42 and Exakta versions. The same mount is used on both the 4/200 Orestegor and the 2.8/135 Orestor.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 3:54 pm    Post subject: Re: What a handy idea - M42 adjuster Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
Farside wrote:
Just discovered that on the Pentacon 135/2.8 Zebra, there's a rear conical adapter

Just to add that the cone is actually an interchangeable mount, with M42 and Exakta versions. The same mount is used on both the 4/200 Orestegor and the 2.8/135 Orestor.

I suspected that would be the real purpose of it - makes much more sense from the maker's point of view. Of course, if more makers had done that, they would have found more buyers just hanging onto their old lenses and changing mounts rather than buying new ones.

Did someone say 'Tamron'?