Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

P6 to EOS Adapter Removal Problem
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:37 am    Post subject: P6 to EOS Adapter Removal Problem Reply with quote

Good morning,

I received a P6 mount lens last week but only have one P6 - EOS adapter, which is currently on another lens. No matter what force I apply, it refuses to move, and will not come off the lens.

Are there some magic words that I must whisper in order for the situation to come unstuck, or is it time for some percussive maintenance (in the form of a hammer)???

Thanks in advance for any/all advice.

M

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Got the same issue with my P6-to-P/K adapter, solved with a bit of WD40 and a white sticker where i wrote "I will never play Hulk again when locking this damn collar" Wink

Cheers

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They do stick a bit - all you can do is apply slowly increasing brute force after heating it with a hair dryer or similar. One of those jar-top removal straps is just the thing. If it wasn't a lens attached to it, I'd dunk it in hot water. Of course, this tends to happen when you forget which way to turn it and tighten it to start with. Embarassed

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a same issue. Lasso with a coax or any cable arount id. Stress and screw it with the cable.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your help guys - have tried everything (except the hammer Wink), but it's not moving a millimetre.

Oh well, time to get another adapter and hope this one doesn't stick Embarassed

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mal1905 wrote:
Thanks for your help guys - have tried everything (except the hammer Wink), but it's not moving a millimetre.

Oh well, time to get another adapter and hope this one doesn't stick Embarassed

I had the similar problem. I thought that I would never be able to unmount it. But then, all of a sudden, it moved. One of these rubber slings did the trick, these friction tools help.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
I had the similar problem. I thought that I would never be able to unmount it. But then, all of a sudden, it moved. One of these rubber slings did the trick, these friction tools help.

Have decided that I'll leave it alone for a while and come back to it some time in the future - thanks for your help.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine likes to pretend it is stuck, and the harder you twist it the more it sticks. The solution seems to be to leave it for a moment and then give it a gentle twist and it flies undone. Strange but true.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have same issue with a Nikon adapter I did try to remove with force , result is aperture blades are gone... stucked, and adapter is still there.

I never had similar problem with genuine Exakta or M42 adapters.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Farside wrote:
this tends to happen when you forget which way to turn it and tighten it to start with. Embarassed

This went through my mind too. Just to be certain, with the front of the lens pointing at your face, the breech lock has to be turned anti-clockwise to release the lens.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use rubber bands to help grip.

If that fails, send it to me. Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulC wrote:
Mine likes to pretend it is stuck, and the harder you twist it the more it sticks. The solution seems to be to leave it for a moment and then give it a gentle twist and it flies undone. Strange but true.

Mine's done that a couple of times - perhaps it's micro-welding Smile I suspect the adapters are made of alloy that's a bit too soft and it tends to take a grip surface to surface. Also, the softness lends itself to distortion and tight spots. A smear of silicone grease might help for future use.