Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Our rangefinder collections...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Dawg wrote:
And which one is your favorite?

I have not been using them very long, but I like using the Zorki 6 and the Kiev the best. I especially like that the
Zorki has diopter adjustment.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uddhava wrote:
Big Dawg wrote:
And which one is your favorite?

I have not been using them very long, but I like using the Zorki 6 and the Kiev the best. I especially like that the
Zorki has diopter adjustment.

Indeed a good feature that helps a lot to have good fun when shooting with it .I have it on my Z4

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are mine , not many , but I still use them ....
All classics from Russia

I have to insert here also this little fellow ,wich is adopted in the Ruskis family ,it's not a rangefinder
but you have to admit, it's a beauty despite it's age ! A bit sad and lonely due to lack of usage.The slow times are a bit hesitant , and I don't know yet if it leaks light or not .

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice group.
Do you have a favorite? I also have the same folder. Mine is an Isolette II and I enjoy using it.
How do you like the Helios 103 on your Kiev?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uddhava wrote:
Nice group.
Do you have a favorite? I also have the same folder. Mine is an Isolette II and I enjoy using it.

I like them all in their way ,but the kiev is the one , I think . I haven't work too much since I got that Helios ,I have a film in the kiev that I am waiting to finish to see the results .
Yes , definitely I love the Kiev the most.Best tactile feeling , best finish ,best working feeling and sound ,I think
The Fed feels reliable ,comfy and gave me good results.The less beautiful of all for me. But got it as new.
The Zorky 2C is the lightest , smallest and for this reason has a special place. Also for sentimental reasons, my dad had one like this. I dislike the loadind system by bottom.
The Zorky 4 is bigger and heavier than the 2C and a bit than the fed but I like the back loading comfy style . I am waiting to see the results heve to develop . I like the diopter adjustment and the big viewfinder.
I have some test films from the Isolette , but couldn't process them .Now I found a lab that can do that .Nice camera and confy to take anywhere .

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Teo"]
uddhava wrote:
Nice group.

.......I like them all in their way ,but the kiev is the one , I think . I haven't work too much since I got that Helios ,I have a film in the kiev that I am waiting to finish to see the results .
Yes , definitely I love the Kiev the most.Best tactile feeling , best finish ,best working feeling and sound ,I think........

I agree with you about the Kiev, a wonderful camera to use. Love the sound of the shutter, so soft.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have so much rangefinders it's rediculous lol
Here is a shot of my rangefinders with a fast fixed lens

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice ones! Have you used the Olympus yet?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Kiev went on a trip,yesterday....
Here is when it was resting for a beer and pizza

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like my Leicas started to gemmate:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One from most underrated rangefinders: Petri 19

sample, Arista 100

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

voytek wrote:
sample, Arista 100 #2

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super Fujica-6, arrived today
Needs fome minor work, but otherwise looks promising

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voytek wrote:
One from most underrated rangefinders: Petri 19

sample, Arista 100

Like 1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This arrived today, bought on a local auction site here in New Zealand. The meter doesn't work, and after a few tries, 'B' setting doesn't work so great, but other than that the shutter works. When I bid on it I had actually forgotten the interesting history of this camera, and was not reminded until holding it in my hand and seeing what looked like a battery cover on the bottom plate, on a camera with a selenium meter. I was actually more interested in what I knew would be a Kowa f/2 lens for a reasonable price. So I was tickled to undo the cover and find an old air cartridge, long depressurised, still in place, as well as the o-ring still in fairly good nick.

Interestingly, most online reviews tell you that air cartridges to fit are a long discontinued item, however the ones from this Soda Siphon are an identical size, so maybe not. These type of siphons were in use during the early part of the 20th century, usually quite ornate glass items, collectors items now, but I don't know if they used a similar cartridge at all.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The soda stream cartridges are 12 gram CO-2.
Looks like 12 gram oxygen or air in the green enameled air cartridge for the camera.

I would advise against using CO-2 carts in the camera- they create moisture, especially when rapid, repeated use is involved.

Tell us a bit about how this camera works...

-D.S.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2022 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha now you're putting me on the spot...

I had to check the online manual at https://www.cameramanuals.org/pdf_files/graphic_35_jet.pdf (page 13)

The shutter release lever on the front actually has 3 positions:

1 - rest position
2 - release shutter
3 - activate powered film advance / shutter cocking

This is what I already inadvertantly noticed when trying the 'B' shutter function. I was activating it past position 2 all the way to 3. It stays open at 2, and releases for either 1 or 3, obviously for 3 because now it will advance the film again. So 'B' function does work okay on the camera.

With regard to the CO2, my original post and description of 'air-powered' turned out to be lazy and inaccurate. Consulting the manual (page 4) shows that CO2 actually is the gas it was designed for use with, it also notes that the CO2 used should be clean, and that Soda cartridges may be used (so they were still common at that time), but for best results a cartridge from Graflex should be preferred. It seems like you could also get cartridges for use with model equipment, but those were recommended to be avoided for use in the camera. Possibly those type of cartridges were made using lower grade CO2 and compression equipment, and may also have had oil added to lubricate the various types of equipment they ran.

At Mike Eckman's excellent review site there is a review of the camera, somewhat less than complementary, however of interest is a posted comment from a person involved in the original testing of the automatic advance system way back then - https://mikeeckman.com/2020/06/graflex-graphic-35-jet-1961/ which gives some good detail about the pressurised gas compartment of the camera, and tells us that it operated a ram to automatically advance the film. I wonder if there must be some kind of mechanical feedback system which prevents moving the lever to position 3 before the exposure is complete, especially for slower speeds.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting camera!

Thanks for posting.

-D.S.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2023 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed this on the local auction website about 5 weeks ago. Phenix are a Chinese camera maker, this is one of their early efforts, said to be an almost exact copy of the Konica C35 FD / Auto S3 camera right down to the 38/1.8 lens so highly rated on the "parent" camera. Online opinion has it that the camera was commissioned to celebrate 30 years of communist government in China. Production was limited so they aren't very common now. This one needed the coverings reglued as the original glue had let go. I haven't tested it with a battery yet to see if it works all correctly. The shutter operates correctly.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2023 2:38 am    Post subject: Leidolf Wetzlar Lordox VF camera with interchangeable mount. Reply with quote

Not technically a rangefinder, this model is similar in looks to the Primus '57 model which had a different F/2.8 lens and a rangefinder. In most of the world this camera was offered with a fixed lens only, in the US the Wards department store offered it with an interchangeable mount badged as an Adams camera. In other parts of the world the camera was also offered as a Leidolf Lordax camera with the interchangeable mount. The triplon lens is likely not a particularly special lens, but it is rather uncommon as an interchangeable lens.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teo wrote:
uddhava wrote:
Nice group.

I like them all in their way ,but the kiev is the one , I think . I haven't work too much since I got that Helios ,I have a film in the kiev that I am waiting to finish to see the results .
Yes , definitely I love the Kiev the most.Best tactile feeling , best finish ,best working feeling and sound ,I think
The Fed feels reliable ,comfy and gave me good results.The less beautiful of all for me. But got it as new.
The Zorky 2C is the lightest , smallest and for this reason has a special place. Also for sentimental reasons, my dad had one like this. I dislike the loadind system by bottom.
The Zorky 4 is bigger and heavier than the 2C and a bit than the fed but I like the back loading comfy style . I am waiting to see the results heve to develop . I like the diopter adjustment and the big viewfinder.
I have some test films from the Isolette , but couldn't process them .Now I found a lab that can do that .Nice camera and confy to take anywhere .

Get an old Jupiter 3 for that Kiev!

I regret selling mine

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to make family photos for the other RFs I have
AGFA Solinette/Super

AGFA (J)Isolettes