Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Our rangefinder collections...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Indeed! I never seen any , do you have pictures taken with this camera I would like to see them.

I have loads! Problem is they are all in print! I dont really have a reliable scanner, but I'll see what I can do and post a few.

Its a nice thing, good german build quality, large and bright rangefinder, with aperture and shutter speed shown clearly, ultra quiet and light shutter release. The camera operates in aperture priority with no manual shutter control, the aperture ring (which is stepless by the way) is closest to the camera body, the focusing ring at the end of the lens. The lens seems to be nice and sharp with good contrast.

I havent used it in a while, I think I'll stick a film in it!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnboy wrote:
Great to hear of another user, is yours a selectronic "s" or non "s" model?

Mine are both Selectronic S models.
Thanks for the suggestion, I will try to go inside and repair the rewind switch.
They are nice compact and give a sturdy feeling. Pleasant to work with.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnboy wrote:
I also have a Silette LK that Ive converted to half frame, http://www.flickr.com/photos/johnhorsfield/4752590499/in/set-72157625116962489

You are quite a hero in tinkering!
I just found an Agfa Paramat that seems to be OK (€ 2.50), so I can retry halfformat wit an Agfa without such actions. And besides I have a nice Yashica half 17 Rapid and a Fujica half 1.9 (lightmeter stuck, rest OK).

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! A black "7s". Nice!!

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe that this little piece of german engineering isn't already present in this thread:

Tiny little rangefinder by spoilerhead, on Flickr

Zeiss Ikon Voigtländer Vitessa 1000SR.
In contrast to the Vitessa 500 models this one comes with a (small) rangefinder.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:53 am    Post subject: Reviving old thread Reply with quote

Rare Flora Six Model III

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:20 am    Post subject: Mamiya Metra 2 Reply with quote

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a great thread !

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm wondering how I could have missed it when it was revived in 2012. It's got me t thinking, though, and I realized that I don't have any photos of just my rangefinder -- or almost rangefinder -- cameras. Gonna have to do something about that. Stay tuned.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
Yeah, I'm wondering how I could have missed it when it was revived in 2012. It's got me t thinking, though, and I realized that I don't have any photos of just my rangefinder -- or almost rangefinder -- cameras. Gonna have to do something about that. Stay tuned.

The same for me

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, well, I dragged out most of my rangefinders -- left out a couple of no consequence -- and shot some photos. Here they are, such as they are.

Top to bottom, left to right: Yashica Electro 35 GT, Olympus Trip 35, Kodak Retina IIc, Olympus XA, a pair of Canon QL17 GIIIs.

My Canon LTM rangefinders, left to right: IIIa w/100mm/4 Serenar and finder, P w/50mm/1.8 Serenar, and IIIa w/35mm/3.2 Serenar and finder. Note the IIIa on the left. It had a fp/x-sync adapter installed, probably back in the 50s. Very useful to have that x-sync connector.

My medium format rangefinders, left to right: Agfa Isolette III -- I've removed the lens for a CLA, Zeiss Super Ikonta BX, Moskva 5 6x9. Not shown is a Zeiss Ikonta 524/16, which is dismantled pending a CLA.

I'm very fond of all these cameras, but if I were forced to choose a favorite, it would be that Super Ikonta BX.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have many now -- here are a few -- I Reduced the SIZE of the photos as they are on one-by-one

Zeiss Contina, 45mm f2.8 Carl Zeiss Tessar, Synchro-Compur shutter -- a 'Gift'
[b]
Contina by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

1934 LEICA II + 1936 50mm f2 Summar ( NOT a 'gift' !! )
Leica II by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

Russian FED 4 + 53mm f2.8 Industar -- a 'Gift'
Fed 4 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

Mamiya Press Super 23 bought 1968 not used much now
Mamiya Press by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

Carl Zeiss 'Werramatic' with 50mm f2.8 Carl Zeiss Tessar- another 'Gift'
Werramatic by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

My lovely 1956 AGFA Isolette III with 75mm f3.5 Solinar and Synchro-Compur -- a 'Gift'
Isolette III by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

1965 LEICA M2 bought off Camera Club friend 1990's with 1957 90mm f4 Elmar
M2 90mm by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was my collection before I got help for my addiction and divested myself of all of them. I'm now several years removed from this illness but just posting these photos has stirred it up some.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats a massive lineup there BD !

I have TWO of those lovely Aries 35-V, with all the interchangeable lenses, unfortunately I have found that their weakness is the lensmount screws loosen, and the are a $^&^% to get to. Still on the bench waiting for a fix.

I did fix a Kodak 35 ! Two of them ! More fun to fix than shoot though.

I have a Canter Beauty with the f/1.9 but, sad story similar to the Petris, the cocking mechanism is weak and does not last.

I fixed a couple of the Olympus 35's and sold them on, very nice cameras and a bit unusual mechanism.

I still have you Iloca in bits, it is a head scratcher indeed.

The Retina IIIc is a lovely thing and better than the IIc, of which I have two, in bits, because again the weak cocking rack issue.

I also have a Walz Envoy, with the sort-of famous Sonnar lens, but in bits because of - cocking linkage problems. Of course.

I can recommend the Fujicas, they are sturdy and very straightforward to fix.

Old rangefinders can be a cheap but heartbreaking hobby.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked the old rangefinders for the beauty of their exteriors and their mechanical designs.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Dawg wrote:
I liked the old rangefinders for the beauty of their exteriors and their mechanical designs.

I agree with you, they are very attractive and interesting cameras. They can also be found for a cheap price which makes it easy to collect a few.
Did you have a favorite one or two for shooting?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite 35mm rangefinder is probably my Canon P because of its flexibility and its comfortable layout. Plus, I think it's just a very pretty looking camera. Followed closely by my Kodak IIc. I love its German craftsmanship, and its Schneider lens renders great photos.

My favorite medium format rangefinder is my Super Ikonta BX. Wonderful craftsmanship and it's just a fantastic picture-taker.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uddhava wrote:
Big Dawg wrote:

I agree with you, they are very attractive and interesting cameras. They can also be found for a cheap price which makes it easy to collect a few.
Did you have a favorite one or two for shooting?

I had 3 favorite. The best was the Aires Viscount. Great little camera. My second favorite was the Konica S. My third favorite was the Kodak Signet. Just simple easy to use.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've often wondered about the Kodak Signet. My dad had one -- or at least one that looked a lot like it. I just remember those big twin knobs. I remember him using it back during the late 50s and early 60s. He shot slides with it and as I recall, they projected well. Dunno whatever happened to it -- or the slides for that matter.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
I've often wondered about the Kodak Signet. My dad had one -- or at least one that looked a lot like it. I just remember those big twin knobs. I remember him using it back during the late 50s and early 60s. He shot slides with it and as I recall, they projected well. Dunno whatever happened to it -- or the slides for that matter.

The Signet 35 is a well built easy to use little camera. Not quite a pocket camera but not that large either. It is very simple to clean the lens and mirror for the rangefinder too. This is one I still have. Made in 1954 it is still a great little 35mm camera. The Ektar lens is quit sharp.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are my rangefinders.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And which one is your favorite?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite is the Minolta AL of 1961

Im working now.

Tomorrow will send images of the beauty.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Super Ikonta BX, a 6x6 folder, uses 120 film. I call it my "pocket Hasselblad."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful cameras!