Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikon D3200 for some old snotters
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 3:52 am    Post subject: Nikon D3200 for some old snotters Reply with quote

It somewhat irked me that I have a box of Nikon-fit lenses and really nothing to make them work on.
Sure, I know that I can fit them to my Pentaxes, but that's a shonky arrangement.

So I purchased a D3200 that will at least work * with a couple of them and slight mods to the others will probably get them going on it, too.
This was after buying an FTn and an FE just for old time's sake.

* by work, I mean they'll mechanically stop-down, but not meter. No big deal, I used to do that all the time.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a D3200 with Ai-S lenses but I got bored with the software.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2022 3:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Nikon D3200 for some old snotters Reply with quote

Farside wrote:
I have a box of Nikon-fit lenses and really nothing to make them work on.

So I purchased a D3200 that will at least work * with a couple of them and slight mods to the others will probably get them going on it, too.
This was after buying an FTn and an FE just for old time's sake.

Some 3rd party lenses have qualities that APSC/DX is not able to show very well.
There are a couple of wide to medium Vivitar zooms that are pretty interesting rendering on full frame.
I started out with DX for digital, but won't be going back anytime soon.

-D.S.