Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

NEX-3 prices.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:47 am    Post subject: NEX-3 prices. Reply with quote

Just had a look around at the prices of NEX-3s. They're getting very cheap now, and have dropped into the range I'd seriously consider one.
In the new year; not right now and it depends how much I spend putting the bikes back on the road and on building...stuff.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:44 am    Post subject: Re: NEX-3 prices. Reply with quote

Farside wrote:
Just had a look around at the prices of NEX-3s. They're getting very cheap now, and have dropped into the range I'd seriously consider one.
In the new year; not right now and it depends how much I spend putting the bikes back on the road and on building...stuff.

Good new to MF lens lovers! A used NEX-3 in good condition with SEL16 and SEL1855 cost less than $400 in Hong Kong.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buy body only and used one as I did ~ 130-140 UKP what I bought mines I have two of them ,not even need to change lenses on it on a photo trip.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want a body, the best deals can be had buying a body/lens combo and then selling the lens. I contemplated a little to long on an auction for a NEX-3 with a lens for around $300. I could have sold then lens and had the body for about $170 or so.

I've been noticing the trend of the prices dropping. They will drop again in November, I'm sure, when the 6 comes out. Probably be going for $150 or so. I would be surprised if they went below $150 much.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is EUR 165,- a fair price for a Nex-3 body in very good condition?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lena wrote:

yes, take it.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, I'm afraid I will.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lena wrote:

I've seen them as low as 150 USD shipping from a store, these things have drop quite a bit.

I picked up my NEX5 with a pancake 16mm from the sonyoulet a few months ago for 320, so i over paid a bit, but the 16mm lens is great. I chose it over the 18-55 because it's makes the whole package small, and it's quite good to go shoot around.

The reason I didn't get body only is because I know there will be time to go outside where you need to shoot casual stuff (things that move around a lot), and you will definitely need an AF lens for that... the 16mm IMO is worth it's money at around 150 bucks (atleast for me).

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How does the NEX3 perform? I suspect, the NEX 5 & 7 users will say it's clunky and slow.

Lena wrote:
Thank you, I'm afraid I will.
`Afraid? lol

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All Nex bodies are very fast, and the only difference between the original 5 and 3 is the full hd video and grip.

Using the screen to frame shots is a pain for me though.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Nex-C3 is another good option it's really cheap now and I guess not much difference in terms of price with the Nex-3. I couldn't resist and just bought a C3 with 16mm and 18-55mm twin kit lens for just under $400 from a local auction website and just sold the 18-55mm.Now with a 5N and C3 I can cover both telephoto and standard/wide focal range which is perfect especially when hiking or trailing. I can use the telephoto for birding and the standard lens for sceneries and snapshots on families and friends.

As for the performnace compared to 5 & 7s, I haven't used the 7 so I can't tell. But in terms of the 5N, I think they are pretty much the same in terms of taking photos. Well the 5N does start at ISO 100 and C3 at 200 so that's probably the main difference. Also I think on the long exposure NR option I think the 5N can turn it off but C3 can only set to weak but still on. But C3 has I think 15x manual focus assist magnification where as the 5N only has 9.33% or something. So more refined focusing for the C3 (perfect for MFers like us Very Happy). Other that that and the ISO, I haven't notice much difference. Same MP, same focus peaking feature, no touch screen for the C3 which I actually prefer Smile as I often touched it accidentally on the 5N. And I actually like the shutter sound of the C3 more than the 5N lol, feels more solid.

So my take is, if you also do videography, the 5N/5R are hands down better than the C3. But if you only concentrate on photography, not much difference.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has everyone but me got one of these? Crying or Very sad

Do I need one? Confused

Why? Wink

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tikkathree wrote:
Do I need one? Confused

Need? No, you don't need one.

What would be your main reason for buying one?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tikkathree wrote:

Do I need one? Confused

Why? Wink

Yes, you need one, al least. Two is better.

Why? Because if you don't need any of them, you do not ask to us that question.

You ask, so you doubt, so you need the Nex 3.

Well, said that, I'm selling one. PM me.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was asking myself the same question: do i need one?

Instead of starting to raise funds and getting a new one, i decided it would be wise to buy a second hand one to start with.
The NEX-3 which i now have was offered as a body only with m42 adapter and minolta md/sr adapter for 130 euros including postage! (which is only 5,50 local)

It doesn't have the original battery charger, it's some kind of el-cheapo thingy but it does the job. The NEX itself looks like new, no signs of wear or any damage. I do not miss the AF lenses, still have the A300 for that if i want....

For these kind of prices you could say it is really worth experimenting with, and see if it fits you or not. For me: it does, i love it!

Now the questions are: how fast do i need an upgrade? Is it worth selling my A300 and lenses?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
tikkathree wrote:
Do I need one? Confused

Need? No, you don't need one.

What would be your main reason for buying one?

Option 1: impulse purchase

Option 2: Emperor's new clothes syndrome at MFlenses forum.

I shoot alone, I get my knowledge from t'internet!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sonyrokkor wrote:
tikkathree wrote:

Do I need one? Confused

Why? Wink

Yes, you need one, al least. Two is better.

Why? Because if you don't need any of them, you do not ask to us that question.

You ask, so you doubt, so you need the Nex 3.

Well, said that, I'm selling one. PM me.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Some kind of friend you are - trying to sell me your old stuff hahahha!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TrueLoveOne wrote:
I was asking myself the same question: do i need one?

Instead of starting to raise funds and getting a new one, i decided it would be wise to buy a second hand one to start with.
The NEX-3 which i now have was offered as a body only with m42 adapter and minolta md/sr adapter for 130 euros including postage! (which is only 5,50 local)

It doesn't have the original battery charger, it's some kind of el-cheapo thingy but it does the job. The NEX itself looks like new, no signs of wear or any damage. I do not miss the AF lenses, still have the A300 for that if i want....

For these kind of prices you could say it is really worth experimenting with, and see if it fits you or not. For me: it does, i love it!

Now the questions are: how fast do i need an upgrade? Is it worth selling my A300 and lenses?

I hope you'll tell us how you get on with your new purchase?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just picked up a NEX 3 off of KEH w/the 18-55 for $302 shipped. I can't wait to get it in.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still smack the thing to my head when i want to take a pic.... not used to camera's without a viewfinder... Wink

But i can say this: if you are in doubt: GET ONE !!! (you'll get used to it)

It is a fantastic piece of engineering imho, really! I cannot wait till i get my pentax PK adapter.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TrueLoveOne wrote:
It is a fantastic piece of engineering imho, really! I cannot wait till i get my pentax PK adapter.

That really opened things up for me, as I had acquired a few PK lenses that I couldn't use on the EOS.

I am still searching for an Exacta adaptor, hopefully without emptying my wallet at SRB Griturn. Lovely machining, precise as You could want, but hell, they 'aint cheap.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NewStuff wrote:
hopefully without emptying my wallet at SRB Griturn. Lovely machining, precise as You could want, but hell, they 'aint cheap.

As the saying goes, you get what you pay for Wink
The engineering is second to none, but yeah they're not cheap. Sad