Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

My sexy Tamron 200/3.5 Adaptall!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:08 am    Post subject: My sexy Tamron 200/3.5 Adaptall! Reply with quote

OK, I'm not sure if it's normal to describe a lens as "sexy" but I love the way this one looks! It came as part of a huge box of Tammie gear I picked up recently, and I couldn't wait to take it out for a test run!!

The piccies I took were a bit amateurish I'm afraid, and I lost the sun towards the end of the shoot, so a bit of exposure compensation was required!

I think this was f3.5

Crop

f3.5

Crop

f5.6

Crop

f5.6 (horrible photo, was trying to show sharpness)

Crop

f3.5

Crop

f3.5

Crop

The lens is really heavy but I don't mind Smile It performs pretty well wide open, in my opinion, but sharpens up fully at f8 (I'll add some photos later, there really wasn't a huge amount of light available). Overall I really like it! Ooh, and it's sexy Wink

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shot just now at f8:

Crop

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tamron makes a styling statement! These silver barreled lenses with transparent focus scales were/are just too cool.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sexy and stylish!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently bought a box of 'stuff' at a camera club auction for $35 and got the following:

PRO f5.5 300mm
Tamron f5-6.3 100-300mm macro
Tamron f4-5.6 70-210mm macro
Tamron f4.5 85-210mm macro AF with matching 2X
Pentax F f4-5.6 35-80mm AF
Where needed, the adapters to M42 were included.

In another box for $18:

NO 3-A Conley Junior in original box with Wollensak f8-45 in Gammax NO 1
Chinon GL body
Kodak Model 35 f4.5 35mm in box with instructions

Plus about 60 various original camera manuals and 40-50 lbs of small parts.

I haven't had time to shoot with any of the lenses yet. I believe I got a good return for my money. All the pieces are very clean and came from a single owner.

Unfortunately, the Tamrons, while nice, are nothing in the looks department as is yours.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It acquits itself quite well, I think. They are quite eye-catching lenses, redolent of the silver 70s when a lot of stuff was finished in silver plastic. It's now cool again. Hell, even if it isn't I still want one.