Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

my (old) house
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:37 pm    Post subject: my (old) house Reply with quote

I am new to this section, please kind to me. Very Happy

The camera I used is this (I bought this at side walk sale of nearby shopping
mall, paid Cdn $50 for this and Kodak Junior 20 (slightly art-deco style) together) >

I PPed the image, the original one is less contrasty partly due to film (Illford 2?) too, mainly because lots of scratch done my old cam. (click the photo to enlarge)

Lately I noticed this camera is worth US$250 these days. This is the only camera I have, which appreciated. Very Happy Laughing Very Happy Laughing

Oh, The camera is KW (Kamera Welke) made "Reflex-Box" with Steinheil Box-Actinar 6.3/10.5cm. It is a true SLR with three
shutter speeds 1/25, 1/50, and 1/100. Of course it has B(ulb) and T(time) too. It is 6X9 frame camera with F-stop 6.3, 8, 11, and 16.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a beautiful camera, and congratulations on its appreciation... The photo is just what these vintage cameras do well - slight drop off at the edges, but that serves to lead the eye to the center. Looks like this could be a pre-war and therefore uncoated lens?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Nesster, it was made 1934~35 and uncoated. Its transport mechanism
scratches the film unfortunately and has light leak(s). One time I tried to
fix those, decided not to do it. I want it to be the original shape as much as
possible, it came with a leather case.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice old bit of kit, Koji, and good to see it used, with very worthwhile results.