Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Mirror Lenses
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Tamron 55B for the close focus I think more than distance,small doughnuts visable Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rrrrrrrr.....rrrrrrrr.....
Seems to deeply sleep. Wink

Donuts' bokeh.
I found these.

Tamron 55B SP 500 F8

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without donuts.
The same day, Tamron 55B SP 500 F8, 5D MkII.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are some good images in this thread. I do have my favorites and will wait for the right opportunities, as always. I did buy a mirror lens just today, my first, a Makinon 5.6/300. Hoping for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Makinon lens I have purchased is en route to me now. The ad only said 300mm lens, so I had to identify it through research and concluded that it is the Makinon 5.6/300. I'm still not certain what the mount is; can anyone tell which mount it is?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's OM, notice the button.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did see that, but couldn't confirm there was one on the other side too. The mount looks to be interchangeable.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenetik wrote:

Several of my third party om lenses only have one button, and I still think Om. Looking closer, and not on my phone, the lens is marked CA, which I would think means Canon, but doesn't look like Canon to me.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, rear lens cap looks like Canon fd

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 'CA' marking on the lens indicates it is in Canon FD mount.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have two 500mm mirrors. The Tamron, I agree with most, is very useable. The Centon is the worst lens I ever used, like trying to focus through a pane of cloudy glass.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodrim wrote:
The Makinon lens I have purchased is en route to me now. The ad only said 300mm lens, so I had to identify it through research and concluded that it is the Makinon 5.6/300. I'm still not certain what the mount is; can anyone tell which mount it is?

OM

Bayonet mount (nothing like a canon FD), two slots with aperture levers, one small one large, not quite opposite, square button(s) on rim.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I own one of these, but have Norita 66, Nikon F , and m43 adapters.

Certainly not a light weight lens, however!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Zoomar-Killfit-Muenchen-REFLECTAR-1000mm-f8-mirror-lens-Hasselblad-Rare-/321316604408?nma=true&si=P1c5YywoTg8gixl6r0dVotHJTaw%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Texsport

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

texsport wrote:
I own one of these, but have Norita 66, Nikon F , and m43 adapters.

Certainly not a light weight lens, however!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Zoomar-Killfit-Muenchen-REFLECTAR-1000mm-f8-mirror-lens-Hasselblad-Rare-/321316604408?nma=true&si=P1c5YywoTg8gixl6r0dVotHJTaw%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Texsport

That's a biggy!

Hope it's as good as it looks. Smile

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenetik wrote:
kenetik wrote:

Several of my third party om lenses only have one button, and I still think Om. Looking closer, and not on my phone, the lens is marked CA, which I would think means Canon, but doesn't look like Canon to me.

I agree that this is OM mount. Since this is a mirror lens, and hence fixed aperture, there would be no need to have the second button for the stop down lever.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have taken pictures of both Canon and OM mounts and tried to compare them to this mirror, but do not have a conclusion. The picture is just not clear enough to see details. I'm afraid I will need to wait for it to arrive. If not a Canon mount, it makes no sense to have CA on the mount, so for that reason I am expecting it to be Canon.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even more important than the mount is the quality of the images. Before purchasing I went to where I usually check out image quality when researching a lens - http://www.flickriver.com/photos/tags/makinon+mirror/interesting/ I found that the majority of images were from the 300mm.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried this lens. Its quality is average but it can focus close.

The copy I sold has 'PK' on the back of the lens indicates it is in Pentax K mount. The mount is very easy to change so it will not be any surprise if found it is not in FD mount.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:

The copy I sold has 'PK' on the back of the lens indicates it is in Pentax K mount. The mount is very easy to change so it will not be any surprise if found it is not in FD mount.

Yes, it looks easy to change, but where to get another?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodrim wrote:
calvin83 wrote:

Yes, it looks easy to change, but where to get another?

Reverse rings, extension tubes, boken lenses...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheaper and easier to just buy another adapter. OM and CA are two that I don't have.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edited

Last edited by bernhardas on Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never seen Rubinar 500mm f6.3 , I love the first shoot.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is great for a mirror. Good catch. Rubinar was my first choice.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have received the (Makinon) 5.6/300 I purchased, but surprisingly, it does not have any branding on it a tall. Since it was listed only as 300mm, I had to research from the pictures and came to the conclusion that it was Makinon. Strange. Also, the mount turned out to be OM. Since I don't have an OM adapter for my NEX, I could only hold the lens up to another adapter while taking some pictures. I'm afraid it is just too challenging to get focus in this manner. So I pointed at some stairs until there was a point that appeared in focus. He is that test shot... not razor sharp: