Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

MIR-20M on a D70?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:32 pm    Post subject: MIR-20M on a D70? Reply with quote

MF lenses can be addictive. Without doing too much thinking I bought myself the MIR 3.5/20 lens with Nikon mount.
I haven't received it yet, but now I'm getting a bit anxious about the mount.
Could it be that the mount is like the pre-AI and might cause damage the mirror?
Should have checked obviously, but the thought didn't occur to me.

Does anyone know?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depend from lens age, I guess you have pretty good chance to get an AI lens. I don't think so it will be NON-AI. If NON-AI you can use also with little care , DON'T rotate aperture ring on mounted lens. I used many times NON-AI lens on my D50 with this limit.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the advise.
I'm quite curious of this lens so I would have hated not being able to use it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Convert to AI it is possible, either in USA or here in Hungary. I hope don't need it , but if need I will let you know both price.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure all the Soviet Nikon mount lenses are AI. I don't think the Kievs with Nikon mount were made before the late 70's.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard_D wrote:
I'm pretty sure all the Soviet Nikon mount lenses are AI. I don't think the Kievs with Nikon mount were made before the late 70's.

I don't see any meter coupling prongs anywhere, so they might all be totally manual. Certainly the Kiev 20 is mentioned as having aperture coupling, but no real detail as to the linkage - very short lived anyway.
http://www.commiecameras.com/sov/35mmsinglelensreflexcameras/cameras/kiev/right.htm

http://www.rus-camera.com/camera.php?page=kiev&camera=kiev19