Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Minolta MC Rokkor X 50 1.4 problem shot
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 5:32 am    Post subject: Minolta MC Rokkor X 50 1.4 problem shot Reply with quote

This shot is from a Minolta MC Rokkor X PF 50 1.4 at 5.6. The lens does have fungus. Because of the fungus I did bump the contrast, and I also adjusted the light, resized and sharpened.
I really haven't used this one much because I have another one. Color reproduction on Minolta lenses are pretty good, so I really can't explain the grass color.
Am I missing something obvious?

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contrast fixing if color fixing was included like auto color and contrast function can make false color for sure.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1

patrickh

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, guys. I shot a few shots of this lilly, using this lens. All shots the grass color looked blue, even before any processing.
Shot in JPEG with my Panasonic G1, Resized then sharpened. No other PP.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that you have mentioned, on my uncalibrated LCD, both photos seems to be bit blue. Could be the white balance you used, I am not sure. What white balance did you use?

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
both photos seems to be bit blue. Could be the white balance you used, I am not sure. What white balance did you use?

totally agree! White balance is off with this shot, ...therefore the photograph looks a
bit "cold" from color temperature.

I think you did a good job with correcting contrast!

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess is that the lily should be far more orange. Right now it is almost muddy brown on my monitor. Don't know how to fix jpegs - it's why I only shoot RAW>

patrickh

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys. Image was shot using AWB setting. The lilly should be orange. I have a 7 year old computer with a couple software glitches, so I can't process raw images. I'd like to wipe the drive and reload the software with a couple minor upgrades, more memory, better grafics card, etc. I was hoping to get a new laptop first but the money just isn't there. Sad
I did try one other thing with the image. I adjusted the blue, green channels.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big improvement

patrickh

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrickh wrote:
big improvement

patrickh

Thank you. Smile