Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Manual Focus Photographers' Travel Exchange Program
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much your offer!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks very much Tanheis!
One day I will visit for sure. Not this year because I have to restore my father's house. But I will.
You are of course welcome here anytime.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am currently busy 24/7 with caring for a relative who has dementia. I do know that his life is near the end, that must be accepted. However, when he does pass away I will have accomodations available. I own two home, so there would be a complete home available. I already did this with a group from Fred Miranda site, and we had a fine time. The photo opportunities here on the Olympic peninsula are endless. The Olympic National Park is right beside me, and offers rain forest, wild beaches, mountains, and meadows. North Cascades and Mount Rainier is also within two hours of here.

I will let you folks know when I have place available again, and I would look forward to giving a tour of our beautiful part of the world.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much your offer! If anybody interest to stay at Lake Balaton at Hungary our small summer flat is available, unfortunately I can't offer accommodation at Budapest.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_Balaton

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Count me in!

I live about an hour from the dramatic Oregon coast, 30 minutes from some lush wild temperate forests coated with moss and lichen, and an hour from the Cascade mountains like Mt Hood - there's also 'twee' downtown Portland, which many adore (but bores me to tears!)

I can offer smallish spare room, with TV, laptop with internet (12mb) wireless router, printer and bed, a guest bathroom and if needed, probably spare car.

Any photographers visiting USA welcome given reasonable notice!

Bienvenue!

Wilkommen!

Until then,

tot ziens!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

niblue wrote:
We might have been reasonably close to where you are in the summer as we stayed for 5 nights in a campsite at Crevecoeur en Brie. I only had AF lenses with me at the time though...

I've missed your post !

Yes, you will be 30 minutes away by car from me, so we could plan a meeting ?

Also, you are close to the Parc des Félins Wink

Best regards
Florent

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

niblue wrote:
We might have been reasonably close to where you are in the summer as we stayed for 5 nights in a campsite at Crevecoeur en Brie. I only had AF lenses with me at the time though...

I live in Paris, so I will be there too ! Very Happy
Don't worry about your AF lenses, Flor27 will sell you some stuff ! Razz Laughing

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As promised in another thread here is an invitation.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/zewrak/sets/72157605325327011/

Thats our guesthouse on the backyard. It's not Ritz or anything, but its a comfortable place to stay if your passing thru or like to take naturepictures.

It's located in the middle of Sweden. It has a queensize bed, a few chairs and a table. There is a small oven/stove for cooking small meals and a open fire place for heat and comfyness. There is a bathroom with shower and toilet in our basement of the mainhouse which you can get to thru the garage, so you can come and go as you please.

There is alot of forests, lakes and marshland around here so for those that like to sit and take shots on birds, mooses and possibly wolf and bear (if lucky and good at that kind of thing), its a great place to have as a basecamp.

Other then that there are a few nice things to see around here such as waterfalls, operas, classic cars, medieval festivals, folkmusic festivals etc.

But I guess most people come here for nature and fishing. If you have any plans to go around here let me know and I can find out what happens around here at the time your around.

Staying is free, but me and the wife would love if you left a printed photograph by/of you to put on the walls, they are empty as of now.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for your invitatition! You have georgeous country this is a so excellent oportunity for us! Thank you again!

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zewrak wrote:
As promised in another thread here is an invitation...

Wow, that is very kind.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zewrak wrote:
As promised in another thread here is an invitation.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/zewrak/sets/72157605325327011/

Thank you very much!
It will be impossible this year, but maybe next year?
You are also invited at my place of course.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My second floor is on the way of achievement , I have to fiinish the 2nd bathroom and deco . Probably this autumn .... Yet , I have to make a prevention plan to avoid you heart attack by seeing the lens "room" ... I'ts like the secret room by Bluebeard's castle ... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Enter and die ....Mr. Green More : beware of french cook and wines ! Conclusion : double-trap at helio's Wink
Otherwise , why not ? I'm retired , I've time enough to spend...
M42 , T2 , and Adaptall rings for Canon, Oly, Nikon , Sony/minolta recommended !

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This reminds me of the film "Mitt liv som hund" (My Life As A Dog) has anybody seen it? A young lad in Sweden lives with his uncle and together they build a shed in the garden next door. Beautiful film.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089606/

Thank you VERY much for the invitation. Smile

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
This reminds me of the film "Mitt liv som hund" (My Life As A Dog) has anybody seen it? A young lad in Sweden lives with his uncle and together they build a shed in the garden next door. Beautiful film.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089606/

Thank you VERY much for the invitation. Smile

Probably one of the most known movies from Sweden. I can give you a bunch of tips if your intrested, just PM.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0339230/

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live about an hour outside of Chicago, U.S.A. We always have room for at least one or two guest.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks!!!

At next summer I will have also space , let me know if any of you interest about Budapest!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My parents will move back to Izmir so our flat is full at the moment but I'm planning to move to my own flat near Summer so let me know if you visit Izmir/Turkey Wink

What we have near: sea, lot's of historical places like Ephesus, Pergamon, Sardes.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can offer help, advice and accommodation to anyone whi is wise enough to visit the south of New Zealand.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can offer help, advice and accommodation to anyone whi is wise enough to visit the south of New Zealand.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If someone is going to visit Latvia (northen Latvia). I have big flat with free space for 2-3 visitors to stay for few days Smile

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An interesting thread. I haven't noticed it before and I'm glad it has been resurrected. Unfortunately, I can't access the last page of the thread. I get this error message, which sounds like a server problem:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare make_forum_select() (previously declared in /home/content/m/f/l/mflensescom/html/forum/includes/functions_admin.php:27) in /home/content/m/f/l/mflensescom/html/forum/includes/functions_admin.php on line 27

Anyway, I'd be glad to host somebody here at my humble abode if you should ever make it down Houston way. We live in a small house, though, so all I can offer would be a couch or a recliner chair (which is actually the more comfortable of the two).

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks guys! Now hardest part coming collect enough money for travel Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Start now Attila and it won't be so much when it comes to doing it...although I assume Visas may be harder to get?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mo-Fo wrote:
Start now Attila and it won't be so much when it comes to doing it...although I assume Visas may be harder to get?

VISA is not hard for tourists usually.