Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Manual Focus Photographers' Travel Exchange Program
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only have traveled between NZ and Australia so don't need any visas,unsure of Europe or the rest of the world Embarassed

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mo-Fo wrote:
I only have traveled between NZ and Australia so don't need any visas,unsure of Europe or the rest of the world Embarassed

VISA should no problem for you to travel to anywhere, almost 24 hrs flight from AU to Europe that is much more hard.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One day Attila when the kids are all grown and have moved on...Europe here I come...the flight does not bother me it's a means to an end and when you don't know what it's like you don't worry about it Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mo-Fo wrote:
One day Attila when the kids are all grown and have moved on...Europe here I come...the flight does not bother me it's a means to an end and when you don't know what it's like you don't worry about it Laughing

Laughing

My longest flight was 10-12 hrs, terrible ...

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 7:51 pm    Post subject: Room available Reply with quote

Not many in the U.S. offering space. I wish to offer for meeting other photographers is always fun and I get to OO and AH over their great equipment. I have a humble home but with guest room with double bed plus some more spaces. In this time of financial stress we have a person living in our basement still a job comes along.
We live in the Metro area of Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minnesota which is about a 2 hour or less drive from many wonderful photo opportunities, Iowa and only a half hour from Wisconsin. Lake Superior, Iron Range, Mississippi River valley including the largest bird sanctuary in the U.S. and the National Bald Eagle Center. Even winter holds many wonders such as house sized ice bergs on the shore in the city of Duluth, ice boat sailing, crazy people with mobile homes to go ice fishing(you are on your own there, I hate icy water), ski slopes, and the odd things that happen around our big rivers. The city contains many fun areas and is aptly referred to as the 'Little Apple'. The international airport here is the only one on the central or northern high plains that can handle the largest of aircraft plus it is the last to close in cold snowy conditions.

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks!!

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 7:06 pm    Post subject: Oregon Reply with quote

Got space here and close to (dormant one hopes) volcanoes like Mt Hood and Mt Rainier, and an hour or so from beaches, and temperate rain forests (see Laurence's posts for this!)

Doug

PS Also speak a number of European languages, though still struggle with American Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A cozy and comfortable couch that unfolds into a double bed in lovely Heidelberg awaits you

No pets and a non smoking household

my gf and I are happy to host you, show you around and to get you sloshed on absinthe Laughing

Get all your lenses, this town is shamelessly gorgeous!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks Hari!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in Treviso, 16 chilometers from Venezia, 50 chilometers from Alps, 60 chilometers from Vicenza and 40 chilometers from Padova.
Unfortunately I don't have room free, I have 2 sons (15 months and 29 months) that have occupied all available space Embarassed
But I knew a "church-house" that offers, for 40 euros, double room with breakfast.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:22 am    Post subject: Finland welcomes you! Reply with quote

Hia!

If you need a place to stay in Finland, just contact me. Smile I can most probably find you the cheapest alternative:) Tampere @ my place is obiously free Smile

Juho

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are visiting Russia, just let me know. Would be pleased to show you around on weekends Wink

Some info's about my city:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nizhny_Novgorod

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Helsinki, Finland reporting! My apartment is too small to accomodate a 3rd (or 4th) person but I can find you good quality & safe rooms for rent in the downtown area for 20-25 EUR per person & night. I also have a studio downtown, in emergencies one can sleep on the sofa there Cool

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here we are: between Frankfurt and Heidelberg (Germany).

http://maps.google.de/?ie=UTF8&ll=49.654349,8.991966&spn=0.039286,0.075788&z=14

a lot of trees, sheeps, 4 and 2 legged beef running around everywhere Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

der einrahmer wrote:

Wow! Nice place!!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

der einrahmer wrote:

Hey, I have got very good friends (from my time at university) living in Michelstadt!
I should visit them again and meet you one day...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

everybody is welcome - with or without kids/pets/squirrels/hypo´s Razz
...and Michelstadt with its old machtbox, what they sold to the whole world as town hall, is only 3km from us

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

der einrahmer wrote:
...and Michelstadt ... is only 3km from us

I know: I have been in Erbach. Wink

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread seems to have gone quiet back in August. Did it work out for anyone?

I live in Dover in the UK and can't offer accommodation (unless you want to sleep on a sofa!) My house is just too small.

But anyone travelling into England via the Eurostar or the Ferries who wants to know where to stay or anything else, I'll gladly help with local knowledge.

Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Mikenco!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly I don't have space to accomodate but if anyone visits the Englisdh Lake District anytime, I'd love to meet other photographers

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:46 pm    Post subject: Still have plenty of space, beds available Reply with quote

No one has contacted me about visiting the Minnesota area. I can update my previous entry with news that I have an additional bedroom available so there are 2 rooms and 2 double beds. All are welcome, a family or a group of photographers. Minnesota and the Minneapolis area offers many interesting things to photograph from Lake Superior to the Mississippi River and its network of locks for navigation. The largest bird sanctuary in the U.S. along with the National Bald Eagle center. I am retired and can offer transport to photographers to locations in a 200 mile radius of this city. That will take out onto the high plains to the west, the cheese country of Wisconsin to the east along with Lake Superior to the north and Lake Michigan to the east and the flat corn country in Iowa to the south. In addition my home is located between 2 smaller wildlife areas that offer interesting hiking. Drop me an email.
Alan W.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's not a lot of Americans here, so count me in! My wife and I live in west Los Angeles, California, USA... and we'd love to host some of you! Smile

We live just 2 miles from Beverly Hills, 4 miles from the ocean, and about 6 miles from Hollywood. Our spare room is actually our computer room, but we have a nice large bed in here for guests and it has its own shower/bathroom. My wife is an actor so she's knowledgeable of the Hollywood stuff Cool

All nationalities are welcome, but we're especially friendly toward Swedes.... Hej då Smile

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't offer accommodation due to size of home, but if anyone stops by Hong Kong, give me a message and if I'm around (I might not be, I'm in Europe half the year! But that might change soon), I will try and offer my services as a tour guide Smile

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great thread, I would really enjoy visiting some places, when I finally have time!

I can also offer accommodation in my apartment. It's not big, but I have a pull-out couch in my living room. And you can have the room to yourself. I live in Graz/Austria. Second largest city in Austria, 300 000 people. A very nice place to visit, lots of historical buildings and photo opportunities! Comparatively mild and sunny. The city is also not far from nature and the Alps, so nature photographers (like myself) will also be satisfied.

So, if you want to visit southern Austria I'd gladly welcome you and show you around!

Cheers, Patrick