Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Looking for the user manual of Agfatronic 352 CSI strobe
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:14 am    Post subject: Looking for the user manual of Agfatronic 352 CSI strobe Reply with quote

Hi,
I've just gotten one of those but without an user manual.
If someone has it and would'nt mind to share, I'd be very grateful.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is an agfatronic flash manual on the butkus website,I don't think its the one you want but it may give you some pointers on how to use yours.

http://www.butkus.org/chinon/flashes_meters.htm

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the pointer Mo, but I'm afraid the 320 CSI is a quite different beast, with two strobe lamps (one in the front side and the other one in the top), and a bunch of pushbuttons and dials that I don't understand yet:

The positive side is that it sieems to be safe for the digital cams (~7volt on the hotshoe).

Again, many thanks for the pointer Smile

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope someone can helpyou, it looks cool Smile

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can guess! Laughing

The buttons appear marked with distances -- probably control strength of flash, marked on other flash units as 1, 3/4, 1/2, & 1/4 power.

Switch on front facing smaller flash turns it on or off -- fill flash when upper larger flash is pointing a different direction.

Dial side of upper larger flash positions various lenses in front of flash, for wide angle, normal, & telephoto spreads of flash.

Imho here is a most intelligent flash unit design -- WITH an offset bracket.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
I can guess! Laughing

The buttons appear marked with distances -- probably control strength of flash, marked on other flash units as 1, 3/4, 1/2, & 1/4 power.

Switch on front facing smaller flash turns it on or off -- fill flash when upper larger flash is pointing a different direction.

Dial side of upper larger flash positions various lenses in front of flash, for wide angle, normal, & telephoto spreads of flash.

Imho here is a most intelligent flash unit design -- WITH an offset bracket.

Thanks to Mo and to you for the comments.
It seems I'll have to try based on your clues, Smile thanks!.
One of the things I'd like to know is the guide numbers, it seems that all the computations to know the aperture/speed come from the guide number...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen similar distance settings on the back of a normal Vivitar 285 flash...could you work out the aperture /speed using another flashes distance settings as a guide?
I did a quick google and came up with this link in French Very Happy
http://www.forum-olympus-france.com/forum/topic/21231-ancien-flash-agfatronic-352csi/

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
I have seen similar distance settings on the back of a normal Vivitar 285 flash...could you work out the aperture /speed using another flashes distance settings as a guide?
I did a quick google and came up with this link in French Very Happy
http://www.forum-olympus-france.com/forum/topic/21231-ancien-flash-agfatronic-352csi/

Nice find, Mo, and many thanks!.
It confirms what Visualopsins suggested. I will try it and come back with some samples. Smile

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Umm.. GN35?
Most flash makers were quite unoriginal in their model numbers, which makes sense as the customers wanted some idea of what they were looking at.
Ah yes; here you go..
http://camerapedia.wikia.com/wiki/Agfatronic

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Farside wrote:
Umm.. GN35?
Most flash makers were quite unoriginal in their model numbers, which makes sense as the customers wanted some idea of what they were looking at.
Ah yes; here you go..
http://camerapedia.wikia.com/wiki/Agfatronic

Thanks Dave!.
Now that I know the GN, things are easier Wink

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2023 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An old post, but I have a new agfatronic 352 csi ,that I've put in some batteries and it lights up but doesn't have a button to test it.
Anyway, is it possible to use it on Sony A7 and if so, how would that work? I don't have previous experience with flashes, so this is all new to me . The flash comes with a shoe that mounts on the camera and connects this shoe and the flash through a cable.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2023 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could it work with remote triggers ? I have various vintage flash that I could use with triggers doesn't matter the voltage ?