Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Lens Wanted
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am on that mood too... Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
BTW, I'd like to update my wish list:

- a Leica lens (preferably 90mm, but 50, 35 or 28, even 135mm would be OK as well).

Based on my experience, the best bang for the bucks is the Elmarit-R 135 second version. You can find it for around 200 Euros, which makes it the cheaper of all second version Leicas in the range you mentioned, and it really kicks the asses of little birds at a distance.

LucisPictor wrote:
And, after Orio's experiences with his new Rollei Planar, I am really interested in this lens. There is a local shop close by that sells this lens at the moment - nobody seems to be interested, because this lens has been on the offer for half a year or something. It is in great condition and works perfectly, nobody wants to have Rollei-mount lenses, I guess. I hope I get the chance to go there soon.

I would not hesitate. I have two Planars 1.4/50 and two Planars 1.7/50, total four of them, and the Singhapur Rollei performs just as well as any of them. You just can not tell one from the other. Believe me.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio, I do not plan to hesitate. It's just that I couldn't go to work for two days (sore throat and stuff), thus I could no go into the city and buy this lens. Would have looked awkward. Wink

Next week, I think I most probably will go. Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
And, after Orio's experiences with his new Rollei Planar, I am really interested in this lens. There is a local shop close by that sells this lens at the moment - nobody seems to be interested, because this lens has been on the offer for half a year or something. It is in great condition and works perfectly, nobody wants to have Rollei-mount lenses, I guess. I hope I get the chance to go there soon.

OK, take this from the list. I have bought the Planar.

LucisPictor wrote:

- a Nikkor 1.8/85 (but that will be as expensive as a Leica, I guess. I still can hit myself, because at the last camera show in Solms, one seller offered me such a lens in excellent condition for € 160,- and I guess he would have talked about the price, but I rejected.) Crying or Very sad

And I hope that I can also cross out the Nikkor 1.8/85 on the list, since I have found for a price I would never get a Leica lens for. I now hope that it arrives safely!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:35 pm    Post subject: Tamron SP 400mm Reply with quote

http://adaptall-2.com/lenses/65B.html

I would get this.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello!

My Christmas wish, is a Jupiter-6 180mm 2.8! So in case you want to get rid one, contact me!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PapadakosPanagiotis wrote:
Hello!

My Christmas wish, is a Jupiter-6 180mm 2.8! So in case you want to get rid one, contact me!

Me too!
I actually already have asked Veijo to give me priority should he ever decide to sell his Wink

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rare lens! I suggest to watch Ebay 2x a week.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last one seen was french and missing rear mont (T mount without thread as for J-11, J-37 & Peleng ?) :

Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My needs are quite simple... At this time I just ook for a SMC Takumar (Pentax-K or M42 mount) 50mm 1.4.
They are some quite cheap in the net, but I'd like to have a "fresh" copy if possible.
Is any of you have one to spare, I hear proposals... Smile
Best regards,
Jes.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jes. I Think that your new camera supports the auto aperture of the Pentax K lenses. I could be wrong however if true you should find the SMC in k-mount. I have an m42 version. Like many it is stuck in manual auto stop down. I'm not sure why pentax had such troubles with the A/M switch on this lens. It is a great performer optically and feels really nice to use.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

F16SUNSHINE wrote:
Hi Jes. I Think that your new camera supports the auto aperture of the Pentax K lenses. I could be wrong however if true you should find the SMC in k-mount. I have an m42 version. Like many it is stuck in manual auto stop down. I'm not sure why pentax had such troubles with the A/M switch on this lens. It is a great performer optically and feels really nice to use.

Hi Andy, thanks for pointing it. The only drawback of the K-Mount is that cannot be used on my M42 bodies...
How do you evaluate this lens?.

Best regards,
Jes.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only drawback of the K-Mount is that cannot be used on my M42 bodies...

AHH... yes that is true. From what I understand about this lens. The early bayonet mount is the same optical formula and coatings as the last screw mount (super multi coated vs SMC). Pentax made improvements too as the years went by. Now I am certain someone else here is more familiar with pentax history than I am. I have a couple of Super Takumar (single coating) 50 1.4 in screw mount, 1) Super Multi Coated 50 1.4 in screw mount (with bad switch), and 1) SMC 50 1.7 in K mount. I think the 50 1.7 is the sharpest and I would keep it for my MX. If you want to trade for one of the others I would be open to most anything as I don't use them unless I use a M42 film camera (one is enough). Just be aware the Super Multi Coated that I have has the bad switch. Also I have some extra Sears 50 1.4 (tomioka) a couple look a bit rough but work good and glass is good. These could be quite cheap if anyone else is interested also.
Best regards Andy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

F16SUNSHINE wrote:
The only drawback of the K-Mount is that cannot be used on my M42 bodies...

AHH... yes that is true. From what I understand about this lens. The early bayonet mount is the same optical formula and coatings as the last screw mount (super multi coated vs SMC). Pentax made improvements too as the years went by. Now I am certain someone else here is more familiar with pentax history than I am. I have a couple of Super Takumar (single coating) 50 1.4 in screw mount, 1) Super Multi Coated 50 1.4 in screw mount (with bad switch), and 1) SMC 50 1.7 in K mount. I think the 50 1.7 is the sharpest and I would keep it for my MX. If you want to trade for one of the others I would be open to most anything as I don't use them unless I use a M42 film camera (one is enough). Just be aware the Super Multi Coated that I have has the bad switch. Also I have some extra Sears 50 1.4 (tomioka) a couple look a bit rough but work good and glass is good. These could be quite cheap if anyone else is interested also.
Best regards Andy

Hi Andy,
It's curious. It seems that 1.7 lenses use to be sharper than the 1.4 ones. The same happens with the CZJ Planar 1.7 vs 1.4, the 1.7 is sharper than 1.4... THere was a site were all the manual focus lenses were analyzed and evaluated, (I've been unable to find it). But the final conclusion for the CZJ Planars was that the 1.7 is better than the 1.4 and they only recommended it in the case one needed the 0.3 opening difference...

I'm interested in any of the 1.4 lenses, I've never had such a fast lens...

Best regards.
Jes.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesito wrote:
I'm interested in any of the 1.4 lenses, I've never had such a fast lens...

I onw a not so fresh SMC 50/1.4 in M42 mount and it is soft wide open with some glow (100% crop, 350D) :

Resized pic : http://flor27.free.fr/forums/smc_takumar_50_1.4/_MG_6495.JPG

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jes, when I get home tonight I will take a picture of the lenses I have look for PM.
Andy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in search for any < 28mm M42 / Nikon / C/Y / PK mount lens without the insane 5D mirror hit problem - or at least if it could be fixed on the lens itself.

100 € will be my max price for a good candidate.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flor27 wrote:
I'm in search for any < 28mm M42 / Nikon / C/Y / PK mount lens without the insane 5D mirror hit problem - or at least if it could be fixed on the lens itself.
100 € will be my max price for a good candidate.

You want this one (Yashica ML 24mm/2.8 ) :
But you will have to fork out more than 100 Eur for it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice find Attila ! UK only but I will try to get it.

Actually I'm looking for an ultra-wide angle for the 5D, so Nikon mount lens is not a requirement. Also I'm a bit affraid that the Nikkor 24mm could hit the mirror... any experience with with lens on the 5D ?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flor27 wrote:
Also I'm a bit affraid that the Nikkor 24mm could hit the mirror... any experience with with lens on the 5D ?

Me.
Yes the protruding rear metal flange does not clear the 5D's mirror, but it's very easily sandpapered away, an operation which has no functional consequences on any level. I did that on the 2.8/24, 2/28 and 3.5/20, and they all work great with the 5D and keep perfect compatibility with Nikon cameras.

Any news on the Volna? Should I start a tracing procedure with the Italian Post?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio, your are THE man !

I will know tomorrow - once I will be back at work - if the Volna did the travel. Thanks !

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

make sure to insulate the rear glass carefully to avoid both accidental contact with sandpaper and the fallout of aluminium dust. I place a piece of plastic above the glass, secure it with masking tape, then place a little bit of soft cloth above that, also kept in place with masking tape.
When you have finished and remove the protection, make sure to blow on the rear glass with an air pump, to remove any possible infiltration of metal dust. A nearly invisible metal dust particle can scratch and damage the coating if you perform a cleaning action on the glass, so it is important to make sure there isn't any before cleaning.
-

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

5D compatibility list

http://www.panoramaplanet.de/comp/index.htm

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking for a Pentax SLR body, for example ME Super... body only or with cheap lens, make an offer!