Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Lens database
View previous topic :: View next topic  


PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for all help!

Big Laughing Yes Laughing


PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I screw something up it will be your fault. I'm used to working with Programable logic controllers and photoshop. Data bases and spread sheets I am not familiar with. LOL


PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Easy.. relax


PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Added a Sunagor lens, I will add more when I get time.

A lot of lenses I don't have full specs for but have basics like focal length aperture, mount etc

Is it better to add these incomplete? I suppose something is better than nothing!


PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fatdeeman wrote:
Added a Sunagor lens, I will add more when I get time.

A lot of lenses I don't have full specs for but have basics like focal length aperture, mount etc

Is it better to add these incomplete? I suppose something is better than nothing!


Sure.


PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Laughing Easy.. relax


Don't worry. I'm relaxed and will add at least one every day. I prefer having my calipers and precision scale handy to do it right. Must do some research too as I do not know most of the lens groupings. My fault really...should have learned them by now. High praise to you for doing this as well. Will answer so many of the questions that are raised on the forums.


PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about pre-set, T4 and TX lens?


PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put into diaphragm field PS (means pre-set) Mount is I think TX4


PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A problem and I know it is a simple fix that my ignorance can't fix. On the 55mm macro lens the Minimum aperture has a date there and will not allow me to change it to 2.8.


PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silly software, not allow to put decimal point use coma 2,8 it will works.


PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Silly software, not allow to put decimal point use coma 2,8 it will works.


Thanks.


PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks Big for your work! Vivitar sheet yellowing really. Half a year ago a forum member did suggest to build a lens database I did told to him nobody will help and I rejected this project. When M42 lens database list was gone I did re-think this project and made a framework for that to save at least this lens database. We have more than 1000 visitors daily if every 10th people revise only one line we able to build a powerful lens database. Sadly , I got a few helper only...


PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Many thanks Big for your work! Vivitar sheet yellowing really. Half a year ago a forum member did suggest to build a lens database I did told to him nobody will help and I rejected this project. When M42 lens database list was gone I did re-think this project and made a framework for that to save at least this lens database. We have more than 1000 visitors daily if every 10th people revise only one line we able to build a powerful lens database. Sadly , I got a few helper only...


Attila, will this be only m42 database or also other mounts? i have couple of links with other mounts, like this for minolta rokkors
http://minolta.eazypix.de/lenses/index.html


PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All kind of lenses restriction only must be manual focus one. There is a column for mount type.


PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
All kind of lenses restriction only must be manual focus one. There is a column for mount type.


ok, i created Olympus OM tab, leave that one to me Smile


PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great !! Many thanks!!


PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,

Just as an FYI: I was bumbling around on the Web today, and I ran across this site. Looks like the reincarnation of M42artlimited.

I wonder if it would make sense to harvest whatever we can from this new site, while it's still up.

Cheers,

Jon


PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

m42artlimited is gone more than half a year all data is rescued from web archive, due site is work and owner simple did take off list I don't think so it will re-born again. This lens database concern to much larger spectrum not only for M42.


PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Attila,

Absolutely - this will be a much more valuable and extensive database. (There were plenty of M42 lenses omitted from M42artlimited in any case.)

And we know that this new database will be in much more committed hands. Smile

I was just surprised to find this other site out there. (Although the "show details" functionality doesn't seem to be working, for me at least.)

Cheers,

Jon


PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I see.


PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Many thanks Big for your work! Vivitar sheet yellowing really. Half a year ago a forum member did suggest to build a lens database I did told to him nobody will help and I rejected this project. When M42 lens database list was gone I did re-think this project and made a framework for that to save at least this lens database. We have more than 1000 visitors daily if every 10th people revise only one line we able to build a powerful lens database. Sadly , I got a few helper only...


I've just begun to work on it. Anyone out there that can fill in the Angle of view or the Canon compatibility or the dates of manufacture should just jump in and fill them out. I'm actually having a good time doing it.

Thanks for asking me my friend.


PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some stupid questions.
Had a look at the database at Carl Zeiss Jena. Noticed the Flexon lens. To my modest experiences, this was never made in M42. It was made for Exakta in a small batch and later for the Praktina. So I changed it to Exakta, added the weight. Marked it yellow. Saved it and...
Is that way of correcting and adding information the way, I could/should do that?

Klaus


PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

exaklaus wrote:
Some stupid questions.
Had a look at the database at Carl Zeiss Jena. Noticed the Flexon lens. To my modest experiences, this was never made in M42. It was made for Exakta in a small batch and later for the Praktina. So I changed it to Exakta, added the weight. Marked it yellow. Saved it and...
Is that way of correcting and adding information the way, I could/should do that?

Klaus


that's the way to do it


PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!

Klaus


PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Attila...did you look at the Olympus OM sheet? did i do ok? anything to change?