Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Lens database
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

done with tokina and telesar...that's all folks!

next i'll do rokkors

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

after some things i had to do , i'm resuming work on database, i'm starting inputing of rokkors

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many , many thanks!!!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

on this list of rokkors i'm using there are Leitz photar and telyt lenses...do i list them in minolta sheet or open new sheet?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think open a new one this db based on brands not by maker. put to comment those are made by Minolta

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

finished with rokkors---295 of them...just need someone to fill in diaphragm types

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

attila, i have color photos of all oly OM zuiko lenses(i got salesman info file on loan from local Olympus product manager, and i'm about to scan it all), how do i add them to the database?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perfect! Let me know when it is done, please show me first one how they are looking and if they are nice , I will give you ftp access where do you put them.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sure! just tell me what size should they be

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.mflenses.com/images/lensdb/asahi_pentax/smc_takumar_15mm_f3_5_25px.jpg

http://www.mflenses.com/images/lensdb/asahi_pentax/smc_takumar_15mm_f3_5.jpg

I think bigger one is okay for 1024px wide , small ones for thumbnail is 25px wide

I will give you an ftp access to uplaod them and we will make a column in excel to put filenames there, when I will import them it will show automatically in lens db like these where is already done.

http://www.mflenses.com/lens-database.html

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

attila , i'm about to start inputing nikkors, but somebody inputed 3 20mm nikkors and also made comments about using it on canon 5d...and that comment stretched the row for that lens...can we figure out another way to denote canon 5d usability so database is more uniform? for example assigning numbers to different ways you can use them on canon, and description to be in the footnote?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately no, I will import into database them and possible to do it on this way.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(add détail on OLY - We do need "groups" criteria)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Add the some information on modern Seagull lens(with MC).

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you guys!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Added some lenses in Phenix brand. We now have the most well known birds brand in China (Phenix and Seagull).

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated the Steinheil, Voigtlander, Fujifilm, Helios, Schacht sheets ...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lens database is good idea but hard to accomplish.

For a while i am thinking how handy a catalogue of links gathered by SPECIFIC LENS would be. Many times i don't find a topic or find it after i already opened new one. Sadly lens designations will never be fully standardized. Or search engines so smart (well, that is discutable) to find all topics for a lens in question.

For instance there are at least 5 relevant topics addressing YASHICA ML 1.4/50mm. It would be great to find this lens in catalog and all those topics linked. Catalog for past entries could be built by volunteers (count me in). For new topics, one could make connection on start.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indianadinos wrote:
Hi Attila,

Attila wrote:
I am sorry Dino I did overwrite from my local copy, please fix it again and mark changed lines with yellow color,many thanks and sorry again.

Added 2 Taks 83/1.9 M37 and the 2nd version of the 85/1.9, the lines are marked with a yellow background ...

Will try to find info about the Tak 50/3.5 M37 ...

Cheers

Apologies for not entering this myself, but my computer didnt like the format and I got a message somewhat like "wrong format, do not edit" (using Firefox and Open Office), but I noticed that the early M37 50\3,5 seems still not to be listed.

My M37 50\3,5 is engraved " Asahi-Kogaku No 89398 Takumar 1:3.5 f=50mm", has a preset , stops down to 16 focuses to 2,5 ft., has a 12 blade aperture, barrel diameter of about 47mm at the widest and takes what looks like a 28mm filter. I a cleaning out drawers, and getting rid of stuff, so it is not likely that I will measure this lens again.

p.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job.
Nevertheless it seems this database - allphotolenses.com more convenient because there are images of lenses, sample photos, lens rating by user, articles, marketplace with seller/buyer ratings, links to other lens data and more. Every registered member can edit this database.