Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Leica Summilux 35 1.4 ASPH
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:
Hari wrote:
but coming back to the point, do you see overprocessing?

yes, if you could see your version on my lcd, you would probably get a heart-attack Very Happy

Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

M9 + Summilux 35 ASPH. [pp done in picasa] ->

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings from Shanghai

The Bund

Some excerpts from Wikipedia:

"The Shanghai Bund has dozens of historical buildings, lining the Huangpu River, that once housed numerous banks and trading houses from the United Kingdom, France, the United States, Italy, Russia, Germany, Japan, the Netherlands and Belgium, as well as the consulates of Russia and Britain, a newspaper, the Shanghai Club and the Masonic Club. The Bund lies north of the old, walled city of Shanghai. This was initially a British settlement; later the British and American settlements were combined in the International Settlement. A building boom at the end of 19th century and beginning of 20th century led to the Bund becoming a major financial hub of East Asia. The former French Bund, east of the walled city was formerly more a working harbourside.

The Bund houses 52 buildings of various architectural styles such as Romanesque, Gothic, Renaissance, Baroque, Neo-Classical, Beaux-Arts, and Art Deco (Shanghai has one of the richest collections of Art Deco architectures in the world).

The Bund was famously featured in the novel Empire of the Sun by British author J.G. Ballard, based on his experiences as a boy during the Japanese invasion and occupation. The book was later made into a film by Steven Spielberg."

[got lots of dust on the sensor, have to clean when im back in Germany]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

somewhere in Berlin :

somewhere in Venice :

(Realto)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOVE the bubble shot !

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dude163 wrote:
LOVE the bubble shot !

+1 I like all the last series, nice processing!

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Rob!

thanks Poilu!

Smile

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:00 am    Post subject: ZM 1,4/35mm Reply with quote

There is a brand new Carl Zeiss ZM T* 1,4/35mm in the pipeline, which should be available in summer of 2013!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:50 am    Post subject: Re: ZM 1,4/35mm Reply with quote

OPAL wrote:
There is a brand new Carl Zeiss ZM T* 1,4/35mm in the pipeline, which should be available in summer of 2013!

Is it confirmed to be a 35/1.4?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:16 am    Post subject: Re: ZM 1,4/35mm Reply with quote

Hari wrote:
OPAL wrote:

YES, Sir! Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:26 am    Post subject: Re: ZM 1,4/35mm Reply with quote

OPAL wrote:
Hari wrote:
OPAL wrote:

YES, Sir! Very Happy

Awesome!!!!! Off to look for the official announcement ... And to order one of these babies!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:47 am    Post subject: Re: ZM 1,4/35mm Reply with quote

OPAL wrote:
Hari wrote:
OPAL wrote:

YES, Sir! Very Happy

I can't find an official announcement ... Can you do me a favor and share the link here?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:03 am    Post subject: Re: ZM 1,4/35mm Reply with quote

Hari wrote:
OPAL wrote:
Hari wrote:
OPAL wrote:

YES, Sir! Very Happy

I can't find an official announcement ... Can you do me a favor and share the link here?

There is presently no official announcement, but you can trust my words, I've the confirmation, that this new ZM glass will be lauched later this year. The Zeiss lens production of new lenses at Cosina in Japan, is very busy producing these new and highly precise lenses.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having a rangefinder system and buying a (presumably) big and heavy retrofocal lens that unavoidably
introduces distortion in my images is far from my ideal of rangefinder use.
I'll surely stay with my Biogon 2/35: small, reasonably fast, and with nearly zero geometric distortion.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Having a rangefinder system and buying a (presumably) big and heavy retrofocal lens that unavoidably
introduces distortion in my images is far from my ideal of rangefinder use.
I'll surely stay with my Biogon 2/35: small, reasonably fast, and with nearly zero geometric distortion.

while i fully agree with you, i have to say i'm not impressed with my copy of the summilux 35/1.4 ASPH and will consider a ZM 35/1.4 if that really is being offered

my copy of the 35 lux ASPH seems to perform well at close distances but is quite unimpressive at mid-long ranges. may just be my copy but this is fact

yes, the 35 lux is 1/3rd the size and weight of the C/Y but the C/Y is not a monster either and i love the files from my C/Y 35 1.4 at any distance, at any aperture, in any light

knowing that the new M offers liveview, im hoping zeiss went for a small size performance packed lens even if it costs as much as a leica

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote