Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Ihagee double shutter field camera
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:19 pm    Post subject: Ihagee double shutter field camera Reply with quote

"Zweiverschluss Duplex", as it's known.
The front lens/shutter is missing from this one, so it was a bit cheaper than I would have paid for a complete one, but no matter, I have another lens and shutter for it.
I haven't received it yet, these are the seller's pics, so I don't know for sure what condition it's really in, but it looks ok, certainly not perfect, but usable.

I'm quite taken by the focal plane shutter and from what I've read it's not too bad a job to rebuild it if needed. Also, it looks to me as if there's sufficient real estate on the back panel to fit a Graphic back, which I just happen to have Smile

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool project. That's a CAMERA.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno, Nesster, it sure seems our cousins across the pond have
a lot of these to pick over, lucky sods.

Dave would love to see a pic when you get the Graphic back mounted.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's finally arrived - I timed my payment to co-incide when the seller was on holiday, but no matter. Cracking condition and the only thing wrong with it is what I expected - the shutter blinds need replaced. I have a line on a bloke in Japan who sells the material at a decent price, so no big deal. http://www.aki-asahi.com/store/
I've been playing with the shutter - amazing bit of kit - up to 1000th second from that big thing.

(edit)
I've just discovered the Rada rollfilm holder fits it like a glove Smile Smile Like it was meant to do all along.

Last edited by Farside on Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you need any help rebuilding the shutter (you eventually will - the rubber has stiffened up, and anything short of new curtains will only prolong its suffering) drop me a note - I have quite a pile of LF SLRs, and these all have fairly similar FP shutters.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Sevo, will do.
I've come across a couple of articles on replacing the Graphic FP shutters, I expect the generality will be the same. Apart from that, I've built dozens of spring-blinds from scratch over the years. Smile

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 18cm/6.8 Eurynar fits on with a bit of PTFE tape around the threads. Kodak 35mm->Series VI adapter and S.VI hood out of the box of bits.
Starting to look a bit more earnest now. I'm seriously itching to try it out if I could find some ND filters for the S.VI holder, and avoid using the pinholed shutter.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not quite trying it out for real, but here it is set up and a shot of the ground glass view.

2. Handily, someone previously has inscribed 6x9 and 6x7 markings.

3. Guess what, it's that view again.