Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

How to remove Pentacon Six adapter from lens?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:20 am    Post subject: How to remove Pentacon Six adapter from lens? Reply with quote

Hello.

I have mint Kaleinar 3B 150/2.8 in pentacon 6 mount. Couple of years ago, I've bought Sony alpha mount adapter for it, snapped and it worked just fine. Now I got 0.45x speedbooster lens, which I want to use with this lens. But I need to remove adapter first, to be able to install speedboster. The problem is, that adapeter does not comes off! I've tried to rotate it clockwise, counter clowise - it only slides a bit, but won't go anyway. The adapter looks like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pentacon-Six-6-Kiev-60-to-Sony-A900-A850-A700-A550-A500-/150447012297?pt=US_Lens_Adapters_Mounts_Tubes&hash=item23075739c9

It has small screw on the rotating(?) ring. I've tried to remove it, no luck.

Any ideas?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The P6 side looks like the common extension tubes and Kiev/Pentacon camera mount.
So simple rotation of the ring should help. Probably with a bit more force - it could move bad in case some dirt is between ring and mount or barrel.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The P6 adapters have a very shallow screw-on angle and tend to gall.
I've just confirmed what way to get them off, as I keep forgetting that, too.
As you face the lens, you turn the adapter securing ring anti-clockwise.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I've turned it, but it turns only maybe degree one or two. What's next?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably more force - but better don´t use the camera to hold against the turning.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have installed a lens mount from minolta onto large wood piece, made like a huge hex key for minolta lenses Very Happy

And it helped!

Thanks everyone Smile

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same problem as you. My sonnar 300 P6 had a nikon adapter stuck for about a year, i tried hot, cold and force. How i did take it off, i sprayed wd40 and with a hammer (obviously with as much care as possible) and screw driver hit the adapter anti clockwise, after several hits, the adapter came off and the lens was free.

Good luck with yours.