Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Got a question about a Vivitar wide
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:00 am    Post subject: Got a question about a Vivitar wide Reply with quote

I've been watching this ebay auction and am curious as to what the
silver button on the barrel does. Does it spring the blades open to full
wide for focusing, then when released stops down to the original
setting? This is a Nikon mount lens.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=190168933972&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=009

Bill

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is not a Nikon mount, I guess this is Konica AR, on Konica AR lenses has a position to fix to open aperture (automatic mode) all of my Konica AR lenses look like this.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Attila!

Bill

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
This is not a Nikon mount, I guess this is Konica AR, on Konica AR lenses has a position to fix to open aperture (automatic mode) all of my Konica AR lenses look like this.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'd rather think this is a Pentax KA/Ricoh mount (hence the PK-A/R written on the lens). If so, that button just locks the A-setting on the aperture ring.

Beware of using that lens on a Pentax DSLR because of the infamous Ricoh pin ..

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'PK" say yes Pentax I am not familiar with Pentax, I just know Konica AR looks like exactly this.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a similar button on the side of my Sirius 28 to stop down for DOF preview when on an OM, but I find it useful as a stopdown button for shooting with. Rather like a pre-set, I can focus wide open, press the button to stop down to the desired aperture and press the shutter.
Trouble is, there's an identical button round the other side, which unlocks the mount, so more than once I've had unintendedly loose lens moments.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill, there's a silver button just like this on the aperture dial on my PK zoom. The dial locks in the A position and you have to push the button in order to release it.

edit: Oh! Sorry Jieffe, I just read your message too late

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do we know who the manufacturer is from the 61 serial number? It's not on my list. I'd advise to keep looking for a Komine 2.8/28 (28 serial number). Fantastic lens, usually very cheap! Smile