Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Fuji x lenses
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tedat wrote:
would you both please read the topic? Thank you

+1
Let's stay on topic.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys after a lot of waiting finally got my roxsen/pixco adapter but when I mounted the lens the adapter didn't click. I think in my excitement I may have forced the lens on when the adapter was too tight, now I can't get it off. The instructions say "To remove the adapter you should un-press fixative pin and turn the adapter anticlockwise" but the pin could never be pressed, even when the adapter was off. Here's the ebay listing with some pictures: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fujica-X-old-Fuji-AX-mount-lens-to-Micro-4-3-M43-adapter-E-PL7-P5-OM-D-GX7-GF6-/181531718779?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2a4422347b
This is my first legacy lens and I was really enjoying it before this happened Sad I really hope you guys can help Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Fotodiox Pro adapter, no issues.
Are you pushing the release button towards the camera?
You say the adapter pin never clicked, is the focus distance mark centered with the top of the adapter? ie. at the 12:00 position? Or off a bit, like 11:55.
You can have a close look at the bayonet fitment by looking through the back of the adapter, there should be a tab engaging the aperture lever on the lens, a picture would help.
You may have to force the lens off the adapter, just make sure you don't put pressure on the aperture ring or focus ring, as that WILL damage the lens

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

m_ali98 wrote:
Guys after a lot of waiting finally got my roxsen/pixco adapter but when I mounted the lens the adapter didn't click. I think in my excitement I may have forced the lens on when the adapter was too tight, now I can't get it off. The instructions say "To remove the adapter you should un-press fixative pin and turn the adapter anticlockwise" but the pin could never be pressed, even when the adapter was off. Here's the ebay listing with some pictures: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fujica-X-old-Fuji-AX-mount-lens-to-Micro-4-3-M43-adapter-E-PL7-P5-OM-D-GX7-GF6-/181531718779?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2a4422347b
This is my first legacy lens and I was really enjoying it before this happened Sad I really hope you guys can help Crying or Very sad

Problem solved by now?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try turning the adapter cw pressing the release pin down, and then ccw. The adapter may be so stiff that snagged the lens release pin not letting it withdraw back into the camera mount.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuji.......??
Anyone??
Scored a 55mm 2.2 but not received as yet. hoping for a bit of fun. Smile

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It turns out I acquired tedats 28/1.9. Working beautifully on the NEX 5n.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BeardsAreBest wrote:
Fuji.......??
Anyone??

That lens is basically free with an STX-1 body. Very soft at f2.2 but sharpens up when stopped down.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bille wrote:
BeardsAreBest wrote:
Fuji.......??
Anyone??

Very soft at f2.2 but sharpens up when stopped down.

Hmmm maybe or maybe not.
I have seen some results from this lens ...... and I think that folks will be very surprised by the IQ - even from wide open.
I hope that BeardsAreBest will post some.
I was very impressed
OH

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the advice guys and I apologise for the late reply, I've been away. As for the lens it just needed a little force and I made sure that I didn't apply it to either of the rings. The lens is usable using the adapter but the adapter is way too tight. There's plenty of information online on how to fix a loose lens adapter but very little on how to fix a tight one. I was hoping one of you guys would be able to help Smile

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bille wrote:

Congratulations! How about some pictures of it mounted on the camera and some samples Razz Also if you don't mind me asking how much did you pay for it? Feel free to send a private message if you don't feel comfortable sharing it here because that would be useful for me to know when I do finally decide to sell it Smile

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

m_ali98 wrote:
Bille wrote:

Congratulations! How about some pictures of it mounted on the camera and some samples Razz Also if you don't mind me asking how much did you pay for it? Feel free to send a private message if you don't feel comfortable sharing it here because that would be useful for me to know when I do finally decide to sell it Smile

How about some pics from it?

Hey, OH, did you receive your 28/1.9 yet? (I may have missed the post...)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightshow wrote:
m_ali98 wrote:
Bille wrote:

How about some pics from it?

Hey, OH, did you receive your 28/1.9 yet? (I may have missed the post...)

Yes, the lens has arrived but the adapter is on a very slow boat from China and is not here as yet.
I am very keen to receive it and try this lens for myself.
OH

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still no adapter for my X-E1 so I took another lens - the much maligned 1.9/50 that came on the camera (AX-1), and decided to do some freelensing just for fun.
Here is one shot with quite a bit of playing around in LR
OH

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks to be in fairly good shape, I'm sure it will impress.
I went with the Fotodiox Pro FX - E Adapter, so far, so good.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, at long last the adapter has arrived for my X-E1.
So here are some quick piccies by the X-Fujinon 1.9/28.
This is a seriously good lens folks.
OH

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And here is the X-Fujinon 1.9/50
This is probably the least sought after and one of the cheapest of the X-Fujinons
OH

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They look very good Tom,I have just bought a second hand XE-1 from ebay,ordered a few adapters from HK.I know which I shall receive first Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
They look very good Tom,I have just bought a second hand XE-1 from ebay,ordered a few adapters from HK.I know which I shall receive first Laughing

Thanks Mo
You'll like the X-E1 I think.
My adapter is a Kiwi and took just over three weeks to arrive from China.
It is a very good fit with tight tolerances - quite happy with it.
Funny thing about the X-Fujinon 50's - the 1.6/50, 1.6/55 and the 1.2/50 are the ones that people chase and pay bigger $$$$ for.
There is no 1.4 X-Fujinon AFAIK - it is in the Fujinon M42 mount but also very popular.
The poor old 1.9/50 is a neglected gem IMHO and comparatively cheap.
OH

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some more considered images from the X-Fujinon 1.9/28
OH

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really nice. I have ordered a dm 50mm 1.9. I think I finally get it. If it says fujifilm or XF its for the 4/3 digital while fujinon x or t are for 135mm film cameras (makes PERFECT sense! hah!)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamaeolus wrote:
Really nice. I have ordered a dm 50mm 1.9. I think I finally get it. If it says fujifilm or XF its for the 4/3 digital while fujinon x or t are for 135mm film cameras (makes PERFECT sense! hah!)

Yes, that is pretty much it.
Fujifilm still call their new AF lenses for digital - X mount for some reason.
And, of course Samyang make some manual focus lenses for this mount.
The Film camera Fujinons are either Fujinon, X-Fujinon or Fujinon T
X-Fujinons are the old AX mount - that we have been discussing and for which I have shown some pictures - and the older Fujinon and Fujinon T are M42 mount.
As an aside, the new Fujinon digital cameras are APSC and not 4/3
Phew!
OH

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And just for fun - two more
OH

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you finally received your adapter.
The 50/3.5 macro is also really good, and goes well with the 28/1.9 and my modified 50/1.6, and the non EBC 135/2.8, I do wish that they had made a NORMAL 85mm lens vs the soft focus 85, the only alternative is the 100/2.8, so that will be my next X-Fujinon lens.
I haven't decided if I will get a 35 yet.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really nice flower picks, super sharp.