Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Fuji Nexia 200
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:36 pm    Post subject: Fuji Nexia 200 Reply with quote

Ok , here are the first results that I've got with this film still fresh . (expires 2013) It's an APS film .The results are better than the first posted by me , wich were on an expired film . The camera was EOS IX ,lens 50 /1.8 mk I .
And much better than I've seen on the net .At the beginning I was afraid that APs is really crap as everybody says . But , with an appropriate workflow , the results are very promising .I intend to try to use manual focus lenses on this too , especially the ML 28/2.8 wich would be a good normal 35 ( 28 x 1,27 )
click on the image :

crop :

Last edited by yinyangbt on Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The colors/tones look really effe'd up. What gives?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

erm results are promising for APS........but why not cheaper 35mm film?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excalibur wrote:
erm results are promising for APS........but why not 35mm ?

Of course , 35 mm first and mainly . But I wanted to see what can be obtained really from APS .I have to work out some of the colors more

This in with the Tamron 17-35 (wich gathered a lot of dust since I use mainly mf:
click on the image :

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got 7 or 8 rolls of APS in my fridge, you'd be welcome to them for the postage cost. Smile

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice try Theo, but pretty useless just like half frame stuff, print on paper in postcard size suit well, but scan not Sad

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree; I thought it would be a lot worse than that. It definitely exceeds my expectations and if it takes some more tweaking in scanning or PP, then so be it - it certainly isn't the only film to need that.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Farside wrote:
I disagree; I thought it would be a lot worse than that. It definitely exceeds my expectations and if it takes some more tweaking in scanning or PP, then so be it - it certainly isn't the only film to need that.

+1
Thanks ,but I desagree ,too, Attila ! It just needs a lot of work more than 35mm . I was amazed about the detail wich is still present after cleaning . I didn't expect this .And it's clean enough . I didn't say it's on par with 35 .but it's closer than most people say , if processed carefully. It doesn't allow the same cropping posibilities as the 35mm , due to the 56% frame surface
But look at the detail in the red car crop. The focus shouldn't be there Laughing but that's not the point . I didn't expect that level ,I thought it was much worse.

click on the image :

If it does worth to mess with it when it's pricier than 35mm , no labs to process it ,and 56% frame surface , and more elaborate PP workflow ,it's another thing . Wink

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rawhead wrote:
The colors/tones look really effe'd up. What gives?

I scanned directly to uncorected TIFF files . These are the first attempts in wich I was looking after detail and grain . Colors and tones are allways tricky with C41 . These days probably Ill try the Vuescan .They have presets for each emulsion. Theoretically it should work . Silverfast Ai with color calibration targets is probably best bet but out of the question financially speaking
An attempt to corect the colors closer to the real ones . A little punchy , I know but I like them so

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I reprocessed this one ,wich give better detail (especially in the shaddows)