Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Flektogon 20mm on NEX 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:48 pm    Post subject: Flektogon 20mm on NEX 3 Reply with quote

I took out my Flek 20mm for the first trip this year.Please click on the pics to see larger

A HDR produced by the NEX :

St.Bartholomew church in Brasov , the oldest in town (sec. XIII)

An indoor low light handheld shot taken in an orthodox church 1/40 s , ISO 3200 , f 8 if I remember well

Last edited by yinyangbt on Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice! I really liked the first one. The colour of the sky adds to the contrast. The low light handling of the nex is just superb.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

teo that night shot is great, really like it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice series, great colors in #1 !

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks good !!
which version of the flek is it ?
f2.8/4/zebra/EC etc. ?

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello , thank you guys for your kind words. Tobias, it's the 2.8 MC version. Very soft wide open it improves visibly after f4 ,but really good after 8 or even 11. I had it dismantled by accident but managed to put it back with the little help of my friends here Laughing . Not perfectly , because the infinitymark is not properly set ,but it works. I like the colors , it has some particular mark .And this 30mm focal(efective on NEX) isn't bad , close to the classic 28mm on film . I feel that I use it too seldom.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some more :

Solar clock at St. Batrholomew :

The hill fortress in Brasov (Kronstadt) :

Street in Predeal :

Yellow house in Predeal :

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful.

I had 2 of these lenses and sold them. And I still don't know why I did that. Great lens and nice form factor.
Cherish it !

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems to be a good combo which could be recommended for other users too. Like the first one of your second set (sundial) best. Great captured.

Wink

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tried my Flek 4/20 on my NEXes. And although I liked the results, the lens is too big to be comfortably used on a NEX IMHO.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
I have tried my Flek 4/20 on my NEXes. And although I liked the results, the lens is too big to be comfortably used on a NEX IMHO.

Is that not a problem with all type of these lenses ?

Since the Sigma 19mm for around 200 € is available for NEX/m43 I would indeed never try a MF lens at that focal length.

Wink

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olympus OM 21mm filter size is 49mm only, Konica 21mm f2.8 55mm I also sold my Flek 20mm MC due it's diameter is large to me.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you ,Rolf and Propellor !

Rolf wrote:
Quote:
Is that not a problem with all type of these lenses ?

More or less , yes.Not about diameter only ,but also about lenght ,the adapter + lens almost allways gives an unbalanced combo . In my experience hexanon 40/1.8 and rokkor 45/2 are giving a smaller and balanced combination (but sadly not on the wide focal side) Another combination acceptable would be the 24/2.8 Zuiko + adapter + nex . Unfortunately I don't own this lens (in fact ,no olympus lens until now).
The new Sigma seems a good solution.
In fact ,I am seeking a compact AF solution better than Canon G9 , maybe I'll go for these Sigmas ( Sony 18-55 is too big , unbalanced and not cheap for a kit lens ;on the other side seems quite a good lens ,and stabilised)