Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Elgeet Navitar 10"/4.5 on Exakta bellows
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 10:26 pm    Post subject: Elgeet Navitar 10"/4.5 on Exakta bellows Reply with quote

Elgeet Navitar 10"(254mm) /4.5

This is a lens I aquired with a batch of enlarger and process lenses, though it is neither. Elgeet was a US manufacturer of movie, projection and industrial lenses.

This particular one was, I believe, used on an industrial Beattie-Coleman medium-large format roll-film camera - 70mm or larger. This lens is also sometimes used on 4x5 press and view cameras.

I mounted it on my Kopil Exakta-mount bellows using a PVC plumbing fitting and an Exakta lens mount from a defective lens I am converting. I converted the Kopil bellows to Pentax K with a T-mount. This gets me focus from infinity to about 1.5M/4 feet.

The lens is surprisingly sharp for a large format, especially at f/4.5.

Some test shots from around the house this afternoon, all at f/4.5

100% crop -

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks really cool , excellent samples as always!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zoweee - sharp and lovely colors. Who could ask for more? Great pics as always

patrickh

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

crazy good pictures as always
I like a lot the dog pic but children come always first

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

interesting and very nice pics

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once again, you show what can be done with something no one's ever heard of Smile
Where's the seagull?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent!! luisalegria!
Cheering

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:00 am    Post subject: More Elgeet pictures - the bird ! Reply with quote

I took the Elgeet Navitar contraption to the piers, for a field test - mainly to see if it would fall apart. It held up well.

At the old Art Deco Post Office -

The bird - this setup focuses very close, so DOF at f/4.5 is very narrow; the beak is sharp at least.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your photos are always masterful pieces, Luis.
Thanks for sharing them with us.
Very hard to pick one's favourite as they are all excellent. Perhaps the dog, gull, and first boy closeup portraits stand out a little bit more, but just by a fraction.
Will you share with us your magical potion one day, to make such beautiful images? Wink