Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

eBay Seller dariusgholipour - AVOID!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:25 pm    Post subject: eBay Seller dariusgholipour - AVOID! Reply with quote

I don't seem to have much luck with Tessars - first our good friend Mr Rock, and now, this chap, Darush Gholipour. I bought a Zebra Tessar from him, paid for it, received it, found the previously unmentioned fungus on it, returned it, got refunded for it...all in order so far.

Then he gives me an Unpaid Item Strike for it - after he'd refunded me!!!

But to go one better, this evening a Pentacon I'd had up as a BIN sold - to Darush Gholipour.

I immediately refunded the full payment, and opened a case with the powers that be. In the meantime, my new best friend leaves me Negative Feedback.

For a lens that he bought 15 minutes beforehand and had already been refunded for!

Never, ever underestimate the stupidity of the human being - this has me angry and laughing simultaneously.

My previously unblemished Feedback profile has taken a 5% drop because of this guy, but check out his 12 month history Laughing Rolling Eyes Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Claim him at Ebay I think they will restore your 100% feedback.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:

I've been trying to do that, but am an imbecile when it comes to working out how to do it. It's the standard situation where one is made to jump through hoops of fire to get any information at all.

Anyway, the case has been created - let's wait to see what (doesn't) happen(s) Wink

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I see he's relisted the item without changing any of the wording Laughing

How do I block myself from accidentally buying from these a-holes again?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mal1905 wrote:
Attila wrote:

I've been trying to do that, but am an imbecile when it comes to working out how to do it. It's the standard situation where one is made to jump through hoops of fire to get any information at all.

Anyway, the case has been created - let's wait to see what (doesn't) happen(s) Wink

In my estimation they will sitting on for a while and decide by your favor. ( I cross my fingers)

Link to them this thread Wink

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rawhead wrote:

How do I block myself from accidentally buying from these a-holes again?

This being ebay, the megaseller's paradise, obviously not that easily. Sellers can block buyers by name, but buyers can not do the same with sellers. The closest we can do is to filter a-hole sellers within advanced/saved searches - but that is rather clumsy, as it means typing in the full list on each search, and it is limited to one long line full of space separated names managed in a 22 character text field, which gets very clumsy once there are more than three of them to deal with...

Sevo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:39 pm    Post subject: Just an idea? Reply with quote

Maybe all of us that care about eBay being honest should, when this kind of nonsense happens (a la Krappy Keithy) send a petition to eBay customer support 'signed' with our eBay ID's?

They can ignore one person, but maybe (and we now have many many members) a bit of solidarity and a few dozen eBay members they might find more interesting?

Doug.

If you want to, my eBay ID is linuxbrit and my feedback (buy AND sell) is 323 / 100% AND TOTAL PURCHASES TO DATE EQUAL $21,000

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Just an idea? Reply with quote

nemesis101 wrote:
Maybe all of us that care about eBay being honest should, when this kind of nonsense happens (a la Krappy Keithy) send a petition to eBay customer support 'signed' with our eBay ID's?

They can ignore one person, but maybe (and we now have many many members) a bit of solidarity and a few dozen eBay members they might find more interesting?

Doug.

If you want to, my eBay ID is linuxbrit and my feedback (buy AND sell) is 323 / 100% AND TOTAL PURCHASES TO DATE EQUAL $21,000

I think this is an excellent idea.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have heard of this behaviour on ebay before, so now if I have to leave negative feedback, I also add that user to my banned list so they cannot bid on my items. Wink

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrahamNR17 wrote:
I have heard of this behaviour on ebay before, so now if I have to leave negative feedback, I also add that user to my banned list so they cannot bid on my items. Wink

Not a perfect solution unfortunately to register a new user not too hard..

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm... I was just browsing some Pentax stuff and his name kept coming up on the listings. Lucky I read this - thanks Mal.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:47 am    Post subject: Re: Just an idea? Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
nemesis101 wrote:

Doug.

I think this is an excellent idea.

I'd be more than happy to support this idea.

Just as an FYI, a very nice Customer Service girl has just mailed me to say that they've reviewed my account and have removed the Unpaid Item Strike.

It was clear that the goods had been paid for, and subsequently refunded - so, for the record, if there are ever any issues with an item or seller, use the relevant channels to lodge your complaint. In this instance, all that form-filling was worthwhile.

Now, I'm off to work until 22:00 but hope that the Negative Feedback issue will have been resolved when I get back to Internet land Wink

Thanks to all for your words of support.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Farside wrote:
Hmmm... I was just browsing some Pentax stuff and his name kept coming up on the listings. Lucky I read this - thanks Mal.

Hey Dave, every little helps - glad to have potentially 'saved' you Smile

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
In my estimation they will sitting on for a while and decide by your favor. ( I cross my fingers)

Had an email from the seller this morning requesting revised feedback - I suspect that the powers that be had a word with him and suggested that he resolve the issue this way.

I requested that he revise his feedback before I'd consider his request - am now back at 100%.

Thanks for your input and support guys.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your are welcome! We are stronger together!