Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Castellers: Human castles. Building a castle
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:28 am    Post subject: Castellers: Human castles. Building a castle Reply with quote

This is a sport and a tradition in Catalu?a (this part of Spain)

It started several centuries ago, and it declined at the 19th century. But in the late 20th century it has grown up again. Now the best castles in all history are built. 9 floor castles are not rare to see and 10 floor castles are being tried. They are really tall. It's spectacular to see them from the ground.

The one I show you is a little "4 de 7". The top teams weren't there that day.

If you like the subject I can put some more series, with close-ups, the environment, etc. This day was particularly fruitful.

By the way, for the pixel peepers, the camera was a Canon 30D and the lens a Pentacon 2,8/29.

Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A tradition I'd never heard of. Thanks for sharing!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shots & nice tradition Juanma!
Have you also climb on a tree to take the shots? They look shotted higher than ground level.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fascinating subject, thanks for sharing! Smile

Bill

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not the safest tradition at all! You have many dangerous tradition like bull running etc. Many thanks for sharing!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:
Nice shots & nice tradition Juanma!
Have you also climb on a tree to take the shots? They look shotted higher than ground level.

Good eye, Poilu

I was at the top of a church's stairs, so I was aprox 5 meters above the ground.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that looks 'kin dangerous. I've seen video of some of those collapsing and injuries resulting. Not any fun being one of the guys on the bottom when that happens.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree about the danger and what great shots of an interesting tradition. You certainly chose a fabulous vantage point.

patrickh

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's truly amazing!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Not the safest tradition at all! You have many dangerous tradition like bull running etc. Many thanks for sharing!

Bull running is far more dangerous, but the ones that usually get hurt are drunk foreigners that do know anything about it.

Human castles are very safe. They often fall, but human flesh is soft, it's not like falling to the ground. No one gets hurt. Really, they do it every weekend.

Living is a risk, enjoy your (short) life. Twisted Evil