Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Best 3 photo taken by you!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="LucisPictor"]I really cannot tell which three photos are my "best" photos, but with these two I once have won a competition (1st and 2nd prize):

[quote]

I'm not surprised. Those are prizewinning photos.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like fisrst two, third is far from me. First is very genuine, second has amazing colours.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carsten wrote:
I really cannot tell which three photos are my "best" photos, but with these two I once have won a competition (1st and 2nd prize)

congrats! I like the first one

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CArsten

All three are superb, but #1 is a worthy prize winner

patrickh

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrickh wrote:
CArsten

All three are superb, but #1 is a worthy prize winner

patrickh

Yep, I agree. Impressive shot.

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never partecipated at photo contests, more because I don't like the average "artistic" movement here in Italy. I'd far prefer to be able to start a professional commercial career but, as many of you know, it's not an easy path.
we're between friends though so these are not my best 3 shots, but 3 of the ones I like more:

(Sorry for the copyright notice but the last two were licensed through stock agencies so I had to put it on).

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent shots, Alessandro!

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on guys, you have so many beautiful shoots I would like to see here three only from them.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love #1 and # 3, Alessandro.
Congratulations!

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! #1 one is really amazed me , another ones great shoots , many thanks for sharing!

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the overpass as well!

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer the poetry of #2 instead, but the other shots are very nice too.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris, I like No.1 and 2 but No. 3 just blows me away! What a great shot!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if these are my best but I like them. We'll just say they are some of my better ones. For now!!

The sun looked surreal and seemed a large beachball suspended over the old pilings. The shrimp boat in the background just made it a very good photo to remind me of why I like Topsail Island North Carolina so much.

This one of my Granddaughter was taken with my K10D and the 18-55 Kit lens late in the afternoon. It was so underexposed I nearly threw it away but being her photo I decided to try to see if I could make it work. It worked so well it has won 2 photo contests and I use it here as my Avatar.

This is a photo of the twin of the other granddaughter. The first one is Regan and this one is Rachel. This photo to me shows her innocence and anxiety. Her and her sister are the only girls on their basketball team and here she has just been told to go in for one of the boys. Shot with my K10D Pentax camera and a Sigma 50-500mm APO DG EX f/4-6.3 lens.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:29 pm    Post subject: Not my best probably, but my favourites. Reply with quote

If these are too big just delete them. I don't have smaller ones except for thumbnails. I just remembered this forum likes 900 pixels and all the other ones I post on like 1024 pixels.

This is the L1 and Konica 50mm/1.7 taken through a glass door. I like how the cat is almost a shadow, plus the strong shadow and the textures on the concrete floor.

Same camera and lens as above, different cat. I like this one because it captures a pose that all cat lovers will recognize, the cat looking longingly at the outside world from all the comfort of indoors.

This is with the L1 and Olympus 25mm Pancake (not sure if non-MF lenses are allowed). This one I like for the light and also the special personal meaning it has for me.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Biggy!
I'm happy to hear the story of your Avatar pic (Regan).
It is far and away the best captured child moments I have seen.
Congrats on a lifetime capture!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:12 am    Post subject: Re: Not my best probably, but my favourites. Reply with quote

cledry wrote:
If these are too big just delete them. I don't have smaller ones except for thumbnails. I just remembered this forum likes 900 pixels and all the other ones I post on like 1024 pixels.

Hi cledry, I've resized your pics. All you need to do is use the Upload Picture button above the text panel when you are composing a message. The pics will be resized automatically. Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

F16SUNSHINE wrote:
Hi Biggy!
I'm happy to hear the story of your Avatar pic (Regan).
It is far and away the best captured child moments I have seen.
Congrats on a lifetime capture!

Thank you for that. I'm truly flattered. She came up to me and looking up said "Papa, See my monster eyes!" As much as I've looked I can see no monster in her eyes.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Not my best probably, but my favourites. Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
cledry wrote:

Hi cledry, I've resized your pics. All you need to do is use the Upload Picture button above the text panel when you are composing a message. The pics will be resized automatically. Thanks.

OK, thanks for that and the lesson. I shall do so when next I post.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here go my modest entries:

This was taken at sunset on a hill overlooking Edinburgh, its oversaturated in PP but I really like the outcome

This was taken on a cold morning for a contest in the photo society of the Uni, people liked it and so do I

This was the most fun I ever had shooting, it was taken on a trip to the northern coast of Scotland

Criticism is welcomed Wink

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This with the two men on the beach looks quite creative to me!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard to choose just 3 from a huge collection that I've made just in 2 yerars but I decided to narrow it down to concerts and here are 3 shots that I've choosen:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice ones! My fav is #2.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are the ones I like most, don't know about artistic value. So you see I like the sea ..

1 Thames Highway in Northern Baltic in February

2 Kites

3 Mareograph

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This picture just hypnotize me, so innocent (hope that's the right verb for this) and cute. It is real one a absorbing picture if have seen so far.

Quote:

greeting from Switzerland
Pascal