Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Bessa Voigtar 11,5cm pre-war folder
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:55 pm    Post subject: Bessa Voigtar 11,5cm pre-war folder Reply with quote

Fomapan 100 Fomadon LQN developer 1:14 26C 5min 30sec
Epson V500 scanassist (http://www.scanassist.org, did help to keep curly film flat while scan)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm working on a theory about these old lenses: 3 often beats 4, and who makes the lens is more important than how many elements. The general population has yet to see the light in this Wink

Excellent result, even the edges hold detail, though my personal taste in 'printing' these would be a bit darker, or toning the highs down a smidge (maybe in the scan)...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree in all.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pre-war is always fascinating. And more fascinating to see such results.

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tobbsman wrote:
pre-war is always fascinating. And more fascinating to see such results.

This camera around 80 yrs old, I did see trace of usage, but I didn't see any evidence it was maintaned Shocked and still works pretty well, speeds are not the best , but oh well which of our items will works well 80 yrs later ?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

..not to mention, how far do you expect your bellows to extend at 80 Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nesster wrote:
..not to mention, how far do you expect your bellows to extend at 80 Laughing

Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that first one is a marvel; this is quite a kit ...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fish4570 wrote:

Quiet common camera and usually very affordable, take a research on Ebay if you like it.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
fish4570 wrote:

Quiet common camera and usually very affordable, take a research on Ebay if you like it.

I held one in my hands two days ago, but was unfamiliar with lens, and wanted to research it before I bought it. Very Happy Serendipitous timing. Thanks, again, Attila

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The close up pics look really sharp and contrasty. I think the more distant shots show a little less contrast so perhaps a hood would be a good investment if you are keeping the camera.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
The close up pics look really sharp and contrasty. I think the more distant shots show a little less contrast so perhaps a hood would be a good investment if you are keeping the camera.

Yes, thank you!