Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Another flower + more (negative colours)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:02 pm    Post subject: Another flower + more (negative colours) Reply with quote

Testing my filmcopier setup (K20d + M75-150/4 on a bellows).
Not easy to get the right colours from negatives. Fuji 160 NPS with Tamron SP90/2.5 and LX.

Last edited by soikka on Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another try:

last one with M40/2.8 pancake

Not even close to the prints. What am I doing wrong? Any tips?

Last edited by soikka on Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Films designed for prints, they perform well on print. If you need perfect quality scan use slide. Some pro print film can be good but never reach slide quality in scan. Nothing wrong with your pictures I think you use cheap amateur film.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are NICE! A subtle tonality from prints that is not overwhelming, and for your last image I think it's a perfect fit. The improved second try on the flower look luscious!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Laurence and Attila.

One more from the same roll, Sigma 24/2.8 SW2 @F2.8/~1/15s:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strictly looking at the cone bud and the needles that in focus, I would say the colors are extremely good. Also, the lens itself looks like it has a good rendering of out-of-focus highlights. The lens is probably a "keeper" for you?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laurence wrote:
Strictly looking at the cone bud and the needles that in focus, I would say the colors are extremely good. Also, the lens itself looks like it has a good rendering of out-of-focus highlights. The lens is probably a "keeper" for you?

Thank you. I'm getting the hang of it slowly.

I can recommend the Sigma 24/2.8 for you, so it is a keeper. Smile

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, my faves are the vertical shot of the thistle with soap bubble bokeh,
and the last shot, excellent!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know whether this is closer to your print, but it's a bit better to my eye.
I adjusted the midpoint to .74, slid over to green on the magenta/green slider, lifted the shadows a touch and a bit of unsharp mask. Pure seat of the pants stuff. Smile

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Farside wrote:

Don't know whether this is closer to your print, but it's a bit better to my eye.
I adjusted the midpoint to .74, slid over to green on the magenta/green slider, lifted the shadows a touch and a bit of unsharp mask. Pure seat of the pants stuff. Smile

Thank you! A lot better to my eye also...

Need to study a "bit", I see Smile