Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Agfa KL Flash - Which battery?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:47 pm    Post subject: Agfa KL Flash - Which battery? Reply with quote

A bit of a whim, but I fancy trying out this old flash. It's supposed to use a 22.5v battery which of course I don't have, but it did come with a few bulbs so I thought why not try. Now do you think it'll work with anything else? I'm going to try a 6v. Anyone tried one of these before?
It's pictured here with my isolette III with donated agifold bellows.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do a Google search for Exell A221 505A batteries - these are a alkaline replacement for NEDA221 type cells, and not that hard to get.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Sevo, I've found them - £10 though... Sad

I have managed to get it to work. I rigged two 12v A23s together and got it to fire. I've got eight bulbs so I'll give it a go. Smile

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a similar (but cheaper looking) flash unit in a box along with my Record II, using the same battery. Unfortunately it's missing the reflector, but a piece of kitchenware will do Smile
There are only three bulbs - if I could find some more I'd give it a go. The bulbs look as if they slot into the same base as yours - the base is an adapter for perhaps later bulbs which are actually taper glass base in turn into a plastic holder with a central pin, which then goes into the adapter.

I've just looked a the box it came in - postmarked 9th December 1953 - A consignment for Frau Johann Kreutz, perhaps to give to her husband for Christmas.