Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

[AF]Italy ,2003 - Venezia + Ravenna + Siena (new added)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: [AF]Italy ,2003 - Venezia + Ravenna + Siena (new added) Reply with quote

Kodak Profoto 100, Canon EOS 300, Tamron AF 28-200
Italy ,again ! Is it it boring as it is so much photographed by so many people?
There are nine years since my first trip in Italy ,wich began with a 24 h driving (along with a friend ,changing drivers) that I don't forget and I won't repeat in those conditions Smile .
I arrived in Venice at 11h in the morning on a smoky light and stopped for a several hours walk that changed my perception of this town .Here are some snapshots scanned on fujitsu lab.
1.first sight on Venice

2.Rialto

3.The charm of channels and bridges

4.Canal grande

5.Gondola

Last edited by yinyangbt on Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:10 pm; edited 5 times in total

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some lovely reminders of one of my favourite cities. K.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good results , congrats!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am adding some of the Ravenna images , because I don't want to open a new thread .Ravenna impressed me with the Dante's tomb , ancient architecture of fifth century AD and its famous mosaics in San Vitale and Galla Placidia Mausoleum :

Galla Placidia Mausoleum :

San Vitale basilica

Going in San Vitale :

Inside San Vitale:

Before Dante's tomb

Chiostro di San Francesco

Battisterio degli ariani, Chiesa dello Spirito Santo:

Cappella Arcivescovile

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh Ravenna. I've only been there the once in 1985 but I'd love to go back armed with my Horseman 5x4 and a big box of Ektar... For someone studying the later Roman Empire, Ravenna is just a must, and it is beautiful too.

K.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for showing! I have both added to my places to visit.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

womble wrote:
Ahhh Ravenna. I've only been there the once in 1985 but I'd love to go back armed with my Horseman 5x4 and a big box of Ektar... For someone studying the later Roman Empire, Ravenna is just a must, and it is beautiful too.

K.

Yep !
I'd like to meet you there , Kris and Peter ! Laughing I feel I haven't seen it properly . Who knows? Maybe, some day...

Last edited by yinyangbt on Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure it's not as nice as being there, but thanks for sharing your visit, Teo! Beautiful comps and colors! Cool

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:
I'm sure it's not as nice as being there, but thanks for sharing your visit, Teo! Beautiful comps and colors! Cool

Thank you , Bill ! Right ,if my photos would be as nice as reality ,I'd be a great photographer .Wich I'm not Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

June 29th 2003 : Siena .A wonderful historical city .I was lucky to be there when the Palio happend :
Palio

Palio

Palio

Piazza del Campo

Piazza del Campo

Palio (sorry that I don't have a soundtrack ,they sang wonderfully)

Duomo

View over Siena

The colors of contrade

The tower of Palazzo Publico

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, what a collection of MANY gorgeous images! Shocked Your eye for composition is breathtaking. I am thrilled to
get to see these images from your wanderings. Fantastico!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next time you visit here, Teo, drop me a line!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laurence wrote:
Wow, what a collection of MANY gorgeous images! Shocked Your eye for composition is breathtaking. I am thrilled to
get to see these images from your wanderings. Fantastico!

Thank you, Laurence for your kind words ! It means a lot from a photographer like you !

Orio wrote:
Next time you visit here, Teo, drop me a line!

Thank you ,Orio I hope it will be soon Wink