Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A pic about my new craze
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:54 pm    Post subject: A pic about my new craze Reply with quote

Jupi 3, Industar 26, Industar 61, Russar, Orion still missing, turret viewfinder arrived...Smile

Hope, not will regret later.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my.....

Lovely set !

I just got one of those Zorkis. They are cheap to get. But then if you add all those other lovely things, its not so cheap.

I'm in trouble.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW!! Congrats!! I guess you found your final destination with film I can't imagine better stuff on 35mm.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice camera and lenses, congratulations!

Regards,

Jes.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice indeed - looks good Smile

How do you find the Turret viewfinder? I found I prefer a brightline but maybe that's because of my glasses.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
Oh my.....

Lovely set !

I just got one of those Zorkis. They are cheap to get. But then if you add all those other lovely things, its not so cheap.

I'm in trouble.

Yes, me too! But I'd like to buy later a 12mm Voigtlander, this camera is one of the cheapest for that lens as I see. And the sound of shutter is beautiful...Smile And looks so pretty with turret view finder...Smile And...sorry, too late, I'm in love... Embarassed

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
WOW!! Congrats!! I guess you found your final destination with film I can't imagine better stuff on 35mm.

I'm sure Attila, thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesito wrote:
Nice camera and lenses, congratulations!

Regards,

Jes.

Thank you, Jes.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xpres wrote:
Very nice indeed - looks good Smile

How do you find the Turret viewfinder? I found I prefer a brightline but maybe that's because of my glasses.

As I see, it's bright enough for me. But it just arrived, have to test more. I've glasses too, don't wear ususally, so the zorki diopter calibration is fantastic. And I have the brown finder in on of the zorki, which is brighter and better than blue one.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a coincidence. I got this yesterday. It surprisingly came with a Leica VIDOM viewfinder and case. The Elmar 4/90 in te picture was bought some time ago thinking of adapting it for my dying Canon 20D.

There is a nice story to the camera. It was given to the seller sometimes in the 80s as part of payment for paint job. Unfortunately he does not know anything about photography and kept it in the closet since then.

I am currently putting it on the threadmill to loosen up the old grease. The shutter was sluggish immediately after I got it, it's beginning to response as it should for speed above 1/125. Slower speed perhaps need more time on the threadmill Smile

Here's a quick pic.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bawang wrote:
What a coincidence. I got this yesterday. It surprisingly came with a Leica VIDOM viewfinder and case. The Elmar 4/90 in te picture was bought some time ago thinking of adapting it for my dying Canon 20D.

There is a nice story to the camera. It was given to the seller sometimes in the 80s as part of payment for paint job. Unfortunately he does not know anything about photography and kept it in the closet since then.

I am currently putting it on the threadmill to loosen up the old grease. The shutter was sluggish immediately after I got it, it's beginning to response as it should for speed above 1/125. Slower speed perhaps need more time on the threadmill Smile

Here's a quick pic.

Nice one, congrats. One of my zorkies has shutter problem too, min 2 sec speed every shot. Have to wait for night...Smile

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:33 pm    Post subject: Re: A pic about my new craze Reply with quote

csaba369 wrote:

Jupi 3, Industar 26, Industar 61, Russar, Orion still missing, turret viewfinder arrived...Smile

Hope, not will regret later.

What a smashing set. Enjoy. Smile

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:41 pm    Post subject: Re: A pic about my new craze Reply with quote

Thanks, I enjoy it...Smile

Sorry, mastered as I like it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops, I forget to do some sharpening after resizing from 7000px to 900, a bit blurry, sorry...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

csaba369 wrote:
One of my zorkies has shutter problem too, min 2 sec speed every shot. Have to wait for night...Smile

I have film in mine now, but weather is just bad, very bad. Not having a good meter also does not help in situation like this. In addition my RF is not properly aligned. I partially adjusted infinity for horizontal RF. Now need to find time to adjust for 1 meter and vertical. Is there a way to adjust vertical without opening the top cover?

Anyway, looking at your pictures, I have a good feeling for this Russian tank.

Cheers.

KbZ

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bawang wrote:
Is there a way to adjust vertical without opening the top cover?

Sorry, I don't know. I can't repair them, just using.