Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Zeiss Opton 50/1,5 Contax RF mount
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:55 pm    Post subject: Zeiss Opton 50/1,5 Contax RF mount Reply with quote

Got the lens for a while, I waited for 1,5 month to get adapter
some samples..

Thanks for watching Smile

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My actual wanted item Smile congrats!!!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

first two are amazing

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Guys...Very Happy
Attila... wow really? I thought you're already have it, along with zorky 50/2 and other lens

Here's from today, ooh BTW Kuuan aka Andreas is in my town now. We're hunting together.
girl

woman

kuuan is friendly man

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful lens Suat Smile

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

std wrote:
Wonderful lens Suat Smile

Thanks Stefan..
Hey... I see you have the lens too Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

god, the first one is gorgeous! congrats! ive always wanted to try this, but in m39. i have the m39 summarit, which renders similarly, but not the circular bokeh. why is bokeh sometimes smooth and sometimes has so many little circles?
tony

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are wonderfully rendered images.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Due pretty common I always shift purchase, but looking from a few months now. I have pre-war T from this lens.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys... Warning, this lens has low contrast, pale color, easily wash out, and ghosting....some of you might hate it. But I say, every lens has it's own character, it's our job to find the best of it.

rbelyell wrote:
god, the first one is gorgeous! congrats! ive always wanted to try this, but in m39. i have the m39 summarit, which renders similarly, but not the circular bokeh. why is bokeh sometimes smooth and sometimes has so many little circles?
tony

M39 cost very high.
smoothness is one thing I like of this lens, while circles depends on BG I think. It has round shape opening (aperture) at stepdown,

B/W with this lens is just lovely
table.. F5,6

reflection

family

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
My actual wanted item Smile congrats!!!

Ha, now on my wanted list too Laughing Great images, Suat!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a pre-war one and dearly love it, especially for shooting bw film, I've taken shots wide open inside dark churches that came out pin sharp. There's something about the smoothness of the Sonnar, both the smoothness of the graduation of tones (which gives a wonderfully creamy tonality on bw film), the smoothness of the transition from in focus to out of focus and the smoothness of the rendering of the out of focus areas. This smooth but sharp rendering you only find with old lenses is much more to my tastes than a more modern lens.

For me, the sweet spot for close and medium distance is f4, it gives a very smooth out of focus area and a nice pop to the subject with excellent sharpness. It's almost certainly my very favourite lens to shoot BW film on 35mm, I wouldn't swap it for the most expensive Leica NoctiSummiLuxiCronitarigon APO ASPH whatever the hell.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wonderful Suat Smile
this kind of rendering no new lens can do, congrats for this lens!

thank you for showing a pic of mine with friendly face, people in your city are so very friendly, it is easy to be friendly back, and even though my Indonesian is very basic it really helps
specially thank you for the wonderful time together with you, your family and your manual lens lover friends Wink

best greetings,
andreas

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Ian and Andreas... this lens worth to keep.
Andreas.. I'm sure you remember this one.
butterfly, cropped. F5,6 or F8

bottle..wideopen

a man, wideopen

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

outstanding butterfly

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IAZA wrote:

Andreas.. I'm sure you remember this one.
butterfly, cropped. F5,6 or F8

wow Suat, the butterfly shot came out really amazing, so very well done, and your opton not only has smooth bokeh but is very very sharp!!
so much better than my attempt ( with Pen=F Zuiko 1.4/40 ).. http://www.flickr.com/photos/kuuan/8669174050/in/photostream/lightbox/

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how about compared to Jupiter 3 50/1.5?

Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kuuan your shots are great...why dont you share here Wink?
jhonilim... I had once Jupiter 3, like mentioned above, Zeiss has smoother rendering.
this one for sample,,,and compared to Zeiss
jupiter

zeiss

Sorry I cannot compare it side by side now, my lens sold to member here. If he wants to sell again, I will buy it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent samples from the lens. Particularly like the first shot.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shots from the lens especially the butterfly and the black and white photos . Now it is on my wanted list.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Yebisu and my_photography...
since you like the butterfly shot....

a 100% crop

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

even crop is very good, that's very very sharp lens

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IAZA wrote:
Kuuan your shots are great...why dont you share here Wink?...

Suat sure I will show some of my photos I had taken during my 4 days in Jogja which had been so amazing due to your help and friendliness Smile
please be a bit patient, right now I am online first time after i had left Yogyakarta, but still only for 5 minutes to check the most important, within the next few days I shall have time Smile
for anyone curious, I had so many great possibilities for photography, had taken so many that now there are 141 photos uploaded to my flickr that had been taken during just 3 and half days in Yoyakarta, all taken with manual lenses, mostly Heliar f4.5/15mm, Pen-F 1.4/40 and 1.5/60: http://www.flickr.com/photos/kuuan/sets/72157633289900014/

cheers,
andreas

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow very nice om suat!
suka sekali dengan karakter lensa ini di wide open, dreamy namun tetap tajam.

kalo nikkor-s.c 5cm F1.5 sudah pernah pake belum om?
when compared with nikkor-s.c 5cm F1.5, which one is better?

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kopi234 wrote:
wow very nice om suat!
suka sekali dengan karakter lensa ini di wide open, dreamy namun tetap tajam.

kalo nikkor-s.c 5cm F1.5 sudah pernah pake belum om?
when compared with nikkor-s.c 5cm F1.5, which one is better?

Thanks...Smile
belum yg itu Om.
I tried nikkor kogaku 5cm/1,4, sharp enough at wideopen. but I like smoothness of this zeiss much.