Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Zeiss 180/2.8 pop
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Velbon bracket has a ball-head attached already. It's not particularly rigid but it's just enough to hold the flash.
I'd like to upgrade to something stronger but I'm addicted to paying peanuts on ebay. Laughing

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who doesn`t... Mine does not have attached anything, just the flash adapter.

I think that will be shopping very soon for small ball-head...

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RAART wrote:
SonicScot wrote:
I think I should point out....the pop-up flash is NOT used for lighting the subject, it's only used to trigger the Yongnuo flash wirelessly. Wink
(before anyone asks why I have both in operation)

I do the same... it is set just on fill in function but triggers my other Olympus flash 36R.

Ah, mine doesn't do the fill-in, in can but I don't use it like that. It's set to only wirelessly trigger the master flash with just enough power to fire it, there's not enough power emitted to show on the photo. I suppose I could try the fill-in option, maybe with a bit of homemade diffuser on the pop-up. Is that what you do?

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SonicScot wrote:
RAART wrote:
SonicScot wrote:
I think I should point out....the pop-up flash is NOT used for lighting the subject, it's only used to trigger the Yongnuo flash wirelessly. Wink
(before anyone asks why I have both in operation)

I do the same... it is set just on fill in function but triggers my other Olympus flash 36R.

Ah, mine doesn't do the fill-in, in can but I don't use it like that. It's set to only wirelessly trigger the master flash with just enough power to fire it, there's not enough power emitted to show on the photo. I suppose I could try the fill-in option, maybe with a bit of homemade diffuser on the pop-up. Is that what you do?

Yep... Just tape some waxed or baking paper in front of the pop-up flash, enough to diffuse it. Main work goes to master flash. Some times even I do not put anything there, light depending.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll give that a try once spring/summer arrives (we're still in winter here) I hadn't given it much thought before.
I want to take the macros to the next level this year, better lighting is an important part of that. Instead of the Vivitar 70-210 it will be the Bokina + extender + Raynox adapter Twisted Evil that should get me some interesting results. *fingers crossed smiley*

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward for some samples...

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another birdy from yesterday, this time a Harris Hawk. Same camera and lens.

Harris Hawk by Gaz Sutherland, on Flickr

For some reason this preview looks over-sharpened, the image on Flickr doesn't look like that. Confused