Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Woot woot!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:47 am    Post subject: Woot woot! Reply with quote

So I was digging around in our freezer this afternoon, looking for something to defrost for dinner, and out of the corner of my eye I spy something that looks like a film canister inside a plastic freezer bag. Shocked Now, I already have a bunch of film in a freezer, but it's in a different freezer. There's not supposed to be any film in this freezer.

So I reach down and grab a hold of that canister and kind of tug on it, and then I see that there are a few more down there in that bag. So, I reach down a little farther and tug a bit harder. As I do so, stuff stacked on top of it starts to move. WTF?

Now, I'm getting excited. I don't remember stashing a ziplock bag of film in the bottom of that freezer, but then it was probably 8 or 10 years ago! So I tug some more, and finally, a big old ziplock bag pops into view, and it's full of film!

Woot woot!

Immediately my eye lands on a roll of VPS 220, and I'm thinking I knew it! I knew I had some of that stuff somewhere! Next it lands on -- what's this? Ektar 1000? Geez, I'd forgotten all about that stuff!

So, I've gone through and inventoried it all, and even took some photos to share with y'all, being that a lot of folks around here still appreciate film.

Here's the bag I pulled out. Kinda hard to tell what all was in there.

I sorted it according to film type. There are some cool emulsions here. And I know I wouldn't have bought many of them, so I figure I must have bought out somebody's film stash when I was a camera dealer.

35mm B&W print film:

Kodak Panatomic X, Plus X Pan, and Fuji Neopan 1600.

35mm color print film:

Fujicolor HR100, HG 400, Kodak Gold 400 & 1600, Kodak Ektar 1000, and Konica SR-G 3200. Shocked

35mm slide film:

Fujichrome P1600 Pro D, Kodak Elite 100, Kodachrome 25 and 64, Ektachrome 160.

Medium Format:

Kodak EPR 120, T-Max 120, and VPS 220

37 rolls altogether. And some pretty cool emulsions too. I mean, Konica 3200? And I got Kodachrome! 4 rolls! Woot! Man, I'm glad I found this stash when I did -- Dwayne's will stop processing Kodachrome on December 30, 2010. That gives me two months to shoot these four rolls. Sounds do-able.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Very Happy Congrats "christmas" time in the frosty freezer! Although a few slices of rump steak would have got me excited as well... Laughing Cool Can we expect some of these to be tested soon?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A sign from the heavens that you need to shoot with your film cameras more!

Nice find. Smile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Now lets see the film get used this time!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, the film will definitely get used. I stayed awake for a while last night thinking of scenarios where I'd want to use 1000, 1600, and 3200 ISO films. I have a couple of f/1.2 Canon lenses, so I'll probably play around with some low-light full aperture stuff.

But priority is the Kodachrome. I have three rolls of 36exp Kodachrome 25 and one role of 36exp Kodachrome 64 that I have to expose and send to Dwayne's before December 30th. Shouldn't be a problem, but I don't want to waste it just shooting any old thing either.

I already have a large freezer stash of assorted emulsions about this same size, so believe me, I have plenty of film to work through.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I may suggest a use... photograph your dear ones with the Kodachromes.
It's the last chance you have to photograph them with a Kodachrome, ever.

And don't forget to take one self portrait, too Wink

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good points, Orio. I guess I should put family on the list too.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You hit the mother lode, Michael, looking forward to the pix!