Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Winter wonderland (Very graphic intense)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:42 pm    Post subject: Winter wonderland (Very graphic intense) Reply with quote

This is where I grew up, I don't live here anymore but I will always consider it my real home. Hopefully I will be able to persuade the wife to move here when we retire.

Enjoy!

This is the Swedish equivalent to Bigfoot. (Not taken by me, but I admire the photographer for daring to get so close).

This is a myskoxen, there are only 14 of them left in Sweden, or rather they have been implanted back into Sweden from Norway since we made them extinct.

This is a Golden Eagle, one of the largest birds of prey in sweden, if not the largest. It's a frekkin' nazgul when it comes close.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can truly understand why you want to go back there when you get retire, that's some amazing nature landscape Shocked ...
Where is it located?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pich900 wrote:
I can truly understand why you want to go back there when you get retire, that's some amazing nature landscape Shocked ...
Where is it located?

It's located in the west of Härjedalen, near the border to Norway. middle/north of Sweden. It's one of the most remote places in Sweden actually, 15 kilometers to the nearest neighbor and by European standards the entire region is unpopulated. It covers 12% of the Swedish total area, and houses 16000 people. Giving us over a square kilometer for every citizen. Man, woman and child.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beautiful landscapes! I didn't knew about the myskoxen, he have a funny look

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you lucky bastard Shocked Wink

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maxcastle wrote:
you lucky bastard Shocked Wink

Not arguing with you there, Ger Smile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the very few areas in Europe still untouched by man, congratulations.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

6&7 are very special. i would love to know what equipment you used.

the landscape is beautiful. and while it looks 'romantic' i live in a 'cold' weather climate, not nearly as bad as this, and its a hard hard life in the 5 months of winter, especially for those of retirement age. nothing romantic about constantly shoveling snow, losing power and splitting logs...wouldnt blame your wife if she would rather live in miami! Laughing
tony

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbelyell wrote:
6&7 are very special. i would love to know what equipment you used.

the landscape is beautiful. and while it looks 'romantic' i live in a 'cold' weather climate, not nearly as bad as this, and its a hard hard life in the 5 months of winter, especially for those of retirement age. nothing romantic about constantly shoveling snow, losing power and splitting logs...wouldnt blame your wife if she would rather live in miami! Laughing
tony

That's why we train raindeer to fetch wood for the fire then prepare themselves for dinner Smile
But you are right, coldest temperature I've recorded during my growth was -52 degrees centigrade, but we usually had atleast -45 for a week or two a year. The water freezes, the electricity goes it and you really don't want to go get more wood for the fire.
Although I rather enjoy the log splitting Smile

#6&7 are both taken with the Leica Elmarit-R 19/2.8, the rest are with the apo-telyt 180/3.4 and the Macro Elmarit 60/2.8 and a few with the Vivitar series 1 28-105. The eagle with the MR-Telyt 500/8 on the GF3

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive had reindeer in sweden and copenhagen and it was delicious, especially with the typical ligonberry sauce! i didnt realize how intellgent and cooperative they were! our deer are much more nettlesome--plentiful when they can destroy our gardens, but somehow disapear during hunting season!
tony

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finished a couple of panoramas aswell I thought I would share. I also tried to take a few HDR's, but it turns out that I utterly suck at those that I really should stop trying.
Oh, and the first closeup of the myskoxen is taken with the T-noflexar 400/5.6. Mainly because I had it in the car and when another photographer there pulled out his 70-200/2.8 the male ego in me was bruised and I needed to inflate my penis with something even bigger and heavier. He looked quite disappointed. Male Ego 1, other photographers with small lenses 0. Unfortunately it was so impractical without a release trigger or a tripod, ontop of it being so long I could only shoot it straight in the face I most likely missed a few shots if I had gone with the apo-telyt 180 right away.

Still, I won!