Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Wide-opened soft lenses...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:33 pm    Post subject: Wide-opened soft lenses... Reply with quote

Jupiter-3 50/1.5
Jupiter-9 85/1.5
Kodak Meniscus (sometimes stopped down a bit Smile )

Weather is still quite dull, I was outside for 2 hours and I counted shower for 3-times and hail-stones twice. But I returned home with a few shots...

(click to see higher resolution)

KM

KM

KM

KM

J-3

J-3

J-3

KM

J-9

J-9

J-9

J-9

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meniscus pictures are always very interesting. The first image seems to come from a 19th century pictorialist album. The kind of Steichen, to give a name.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree, very interesting shots, really like the last three with the J-9.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great stuff. I just love that meniscus lens (have a handful of them myself, most still attached to cameras).

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio, Katastrofo and walter23 - thank you!

I was surprised esp. with the 3rd picture and its water surface. How precisely the meniscus drawed all reflections and riples, how detailed the water surface is, while the light and reed are so soft.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice all. I prefer 1 and 8

Thanks. Rino.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great work Jiri, like them! The Menikus lenses have something special (painting like?) about them which I especially like.