Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Why does this photo appeal to me 8 months later?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:39 pm    Post subject: Why does this photo appeal to me 8 months later? Reply with quote

SP1000, Super-Takumar 55/2, BW400CN, with the usual tint from Walgreens at the time:

Here is a de-saturated, slightly PP'd, black and white version:

The reason I examined it again? I was looking for pics to post on Pentax forums. I also realized during that process how little I had used the SP in relation to my rangefinders and ST605. After the CLA this summer, the SP now may be my favorite camera, period.
Which version is best, if either?

Last edited by fish4570 on Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:37 pm; edited 3 times in total

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it , Paul, I like it a lot! Nifty tint and tones, too. I think Americans are
a minority here, but that's OK. I guess the flag is standing semi-proud,
wouldn't you agree? Wink

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This to me is a classic 60s/early 70s style photograph, well composed. I like the one with the tint.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Bill, semi-proud - or semi-sad.

I want very much to see the opinions of our non-American members.
This icon stirs a spectrum of reactions around the world - and even across this nation ...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Jussi.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Half disappointed, half proud? Nice picture now the Americans leave Iraq, isn't it?
I like the coloured one most.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems to be a image that could describe the country itself...falling apart?Only going by the media image of the US, you Guys know the real America.What say you?...to quote a certain editor Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great strong image, Fish. I like both versions, though they convey slight different feelings to me: warmness, home, quiet the 1st while the other sadness and melancholy.

Cheers, M.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am totally untouched by this picture. for me its just a some flag in some place, this photo is for me just one of the billions other on the internet. doesnt look interresting even as b&w C41 film, there are other peoples, who has much, much better results with bw400cn, i can mention womble. i dont think, that "half downed" flag says anything about USA, your country has LOT of problems for last several decades, nothing special in this decade or in this days, i think. but i also admitt, that i might be wrong.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all for your frank comments.

By the way, I didn't offer the photo as a hallmark of a film brand, camera or lens, only as a photograph. It is a simple photo that could have been shot by just about any equipment. Very Happy