Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

which pentacon 135/2.8 should i take ?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A pal of mine is getting into MF lenses so I've alerted him. No idea if he's bidding though. I'd be tempted if the price stays down.

Now the link's here it'll put the bidding up. He should pay us commision.
Laughing

Looks like he only ships to France.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have many French member perhaps some of them able to help in relay service. Any of Pentacon 135mm can be a good choice.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot for your profound help!

As the second one I have posted seems to be the 15 diaphragm lens but has an exakta mount (I have an EOS and there seems to be slight problems to adapt Exakta mount on EOS) I have to wait for another one to come up in the big bay.

I really appreciate this forum and are very happy to got to it!

@Attila: your pics with the Pentacon 135 are very convincing to go for it Smile

One more question: Is it true that the mount of this lenses (Exakta vs. M42) can be simply changed by unscrewing the Exakta mount and screwing on the M42??

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With Exacta mounts it is not possible to get infinity focus on EOS cameras. There may be an adapter that that has optics in to allow infinity focus but I'm not a fan of those as they degrade IQ and act as teleconverters.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

der_lockere wrote:
Thanks a lot for your profound help!

As the second one I have posted seems to be the 15 diaphragm lens but has an exakta mount (I have an EOS and there seems to be slight problems to adapt Exakta mount on EOS) I have to wait for another one to come up in the big bay.

I really appreciate this forum and are very happy to got to it!

@Attila: your pics with the Pentacon 135 are very convincing to go for it Smile

One more question: Is it true that the mount of this lenses (Exakta vs. M42) can be simply changed by unscrewing the Exakta mount and screwing on the M42??

Thanks! Mount is interchangeable on that way what you said.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:

Thanks! Mount is interchangeable on that way what you said.

It's also worth mentioning that the mount adapter on the 135mm Oreston is identical to the 200mm Orestegor. So if you want both lenses you can get by with only one mount (if necessary).

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes! Very important comment ! Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your replies sound encouraging Smile

I assume that interchangeability is only possible on Pre-Set models as far as I interprete the low-res pictures on the web correctly.

Can someone of you picture the mount from the side, so that I can get an imagination?

I would then go for the one with the attached box and exacta mount (great optical condition) and get another one with some dust inside (cheapo) to interchange their mounts.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

der_lockere wrote:
Your replies sound encouraging Smile

I assume that interchangeability is only possible on Pre-Set models as far as I interprete the low-res pictures on the web correctly.

Can someone of you picture the mount from the side, so that I can get an imagination?

I would then go for the one with the attached box and exacta mount (great optical condition) and get another one with some dust inside (cheapo) to interchange their mounts.

Herer is the 135 preset, 200 preset, both with M42 mounts fitted, plus the two parts of the M42 mount so you can see how it is fitted. Your're right, the mount on the auto version is not interchangeable.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really appreciate such forum's.
That's the place where information is bundled.

Thx Peter!

I will post pictures when the lens has arrived!

Regards, Sebasatian

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the world of MF lenses Sebastian. I warn you, it's addictive! Laughing

Anyway, that's a couple of decent lenses you have on their way. I look forward to hearing how you get on with them. And there's plenty of experienced guys here that are very helpful in giving advice on what lenses to look for and how to get the best from them.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
Welcome to the world of MF lenses Sebastian. I warn you, it's addictive! Laughing

I have the impression I cannot escape Laughing

When I watch the pics here, I really like the special touch each lens gives to the picture taken and how the users in here us this specific properties to create great compositions.

I have to learn a lot and am very grateful for every help!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

der_lockere wrote:
I really appreciate such forum's.
That's the place where information is bundled.

Thx Peter!

I will post pictures when the lens has arrived!

Regards, Sebasatian

You're welcome! Smile

A little bit to add - when the lens arrives you might find you can't turn the aperture ring for the full rotation. Don't worry, this is how the pre-set works on the Meyer/Pentacon lenses. You need to pull the ring up towards the front of the lens to adjust the preset. When you release it you'll see that the diaphragm opens fully but will not stop down past your setting. I keep mine set on the smallest aperture most of the time.

Looking forward to seeing your pics.