Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What's the latest lens you added to your collection?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2024 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just ordered a Minolta MD 24-50/4. It will be a nice set together with my MD 75-150/4.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2024 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MOG Telemegor 180mm f5.5, MOG Trioplan 100 f2.8 and some used M42 and M39 extension tubes

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2024 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Auto Yashinon 5.5cm f/1.8 (silver). A very sexy looking lens IMO.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2024 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

caspert79 wrote:

Even the black/silver Yashinon lenses from that period are beautiful, as were the Mamiya M42 lenses in the same period. The early to mid 60's (imo) are a golden age for lens aesthetics, which extends backwards of course when considering post war European lenses. It's mirrored in many other fields such as automobile design and I wonder if my opinion is objective or tinged with nostalgia that may not be shared by future onlookers. Both cars and lenses have improved remarkably in function since that period, but arguably not aesthetically.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2024 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alun Thomas wrote:
caspert79 wrote:

Even the black/silver Yashinon lenses from that period are beautiful, as were the Mamiya M42 lenses in the same period. The early to mid 60's (imo) are a golden age for lens aesthetics, which extends backwards of course when considering post war European lenses. It's mirrored in many other fields such as automobile design and I wonder if my opinion is objective or tinged with nostalgia that may not be shared by future onlookers. Both cars and lenses have improved remarkably in function since that period, but arguably not aesthetically.

I don’t think that’s mere nostalgia. Stuff just looked better in those days. And it was made to last a hundred years.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2024 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Petri CC 55mm f1.4 - supposedly, it has the same elements/groups as the fabled Pancolar 55/1.4....

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2024 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

caspert79 wrote:

Are you mounting this on a mirrorless camera? If so which adapter? These seem to use the Pentamatic mount and adapters aren't as plentiful except for some no names on eBay.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaveNJ wrote:
caspert79 wrote:

Are you mounting this on a mirrorless camera? If so which adapter? These seem to use the Pentamatic mount and adapters aren't as plentiful except for some no names on eBay.

The silver version came out with the Yashica J5 SLR, a few years after they went to M42 mount. I'm not 100% sure if it's optically identical to the earlier lens, although anecdotal evidence says it is the same as (one version of) the M42 Mamiya 55/1.8.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alun Thomas wrote:
DaveNJ wrote:
caspert79 wrote:

The silver version came out with the Yashica J5 SLR, a few years after they went to M42 mount. I'm not 100% sure if it's optically identical to the earlier lens, although anecdotal evidence says it is the same as (one version of) the M42 Mamiya 55/1.8.

AFAIK, there are 3 Mamiya 55/1.8 versions, of which I own 2, that share the same optics. But they are definitely different from the Auto Yashinon.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's 4 different version, but only two are in M42 (without the SX tab). They appear to be optically different to each other:

https://forum.mflenses.com/mamiya-sekor-auto-55mm-f1-8-lens-m42-screw-fit-t79984,highlight,%2Bmamiya+%2B1+%2B8.html

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alun Thomas wrote:
There's 4 different version, but only two are in M42 (without the SX tab). They appear to be optically different to each other:

https://forum.mflenses.com/mamiya-sekor-auto-55mm-f1-8-lens-m42-screw-fit-t79984,highlight,%2Bmamiya+%2B1+%2B8.html

Didn’t know that, thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

caspert79 wrote:

This one? it's a great lens but i like auto yashinon 5cm f2 better

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alun Thomas wrote:
DaveNJ wrote:
caspert79 wrote:

Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found this all last Weekend in Thriftstore and Fleamarket.
Jupiter 85 f2 , Chinon Auto Tomioka 55 f1.4 and 28 f2.8 , Mamiya Sekor 55 f1.4 and f1.8.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

starbucklover69 wrote:
Chinon Auto Tomioka 55 f1.4 and 28 f2.8

Could you show a side and rear profile of the 28mm?
Interesting, for sure!

-D.S.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tokina RMC 24mm f2.8 OM
Makinon 24mm f2.8 FD
Yashica Auto Yashinon 50mm f1.7 M42
Mepota Belar 50mm f4.5 M23 enlarger

...and not in the photo:

Vivitar MC Wide Angle 28mm f2
Ricoh Auto Rikenon 55mm f2.8
Fuji Fujinon 55mm f1.8

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc Sharptail wrote:
starbucklover69 wrote:
Chinon Auto Tomioka 55 f1.4 and 28 f2.8

Could you show a side and rear profile of the 28mm?
Interesting, for sure!

-D.S.

Here the Pictures.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrBB wrote:
caspert79 wrote:

This one? it's a great lens but i like auto yashinon 5cm f2 better

Yup, it's that one. The 5cm f/2 is one of my favorite lenses, so I will probably agree.
But my 5.5/1.8 looks almost new (and great).

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After reading a very positive review of the Pentax-M 75-150mm f/4 on ephotozine.com, I decided to buy one. Curious how it compares to the Minolta MD 75-150/4.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

starbucklover69 wrote:
Here the Pictures.

Thanks for posting. Interesting that one of them is marked both Tomioka and Chinon.

-D.S.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First one this year because an old search popped up

Yashica Auto-Yashinon 135mm 1:2.8 by The lens profile, on Flickr

Yashica Auto-Yashinon 135mm 1:2.8 by The lens profile, on Flickr

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2024 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my hot little hands ... a Hanimar Automatic 28mm f2.8. I picked it up at a nearby used camera shop in the half price section. It was not expensive. Marked down to $20, but they charged me much less. I think they felt sorry for me.

I got it home and popped on an M42 to RF adapter, put it on my camera and shot a couple shots of stuff on my desk, then outside to take picks of my dogs and garden.

I went inside, popped the SD card into the reader on the Mac, and the two pics inside were nice. BUT! Outside was OMG terrible. Hazy and unpleasant. Eew.

So I googled it. Laugh 1 There were several posts out there suggesting this lens to be the worst lens ever. EVER! Apparently, it's uncoated. I read a suggestion on the web to be sure to use a lens hood. So I did. Not any better.

Now it sits in my display case on a Yashica TL-Super with mirror issues. It's just something for me to laugh at myself when I see it.

Now, forthcoming, FEDEX on Saturday, I bought a lot of 9 lenses at auction. Among them,
- FD 135 3.5;
- FD 100-300 f5.6;
- FDn 35-70 F4 zoom;
- FD 35mm 2.8 (that's the one I really wanted);
- a mystery Nikkor Zoom (can't tell - poor photo);
- FDn 70-150 f 4.5; And one in a case upon which all I can see is the word macro. It's a short lens looks like a 50mm. Im hoping it's a 50mm 3.5 macro;
- some other canon lens with only a photo of it with a lens cap, top down.
- AND two Kodak zoom projector lenses.

All except the projector lenses look to be very well cared for. I'll find out Saturday.

In another lot, a Sears camera with a Sears 55mm 1.4 leans on it. Looks nice, clean with a uv filter on it. Those were made by Mamiya-Sekor and are quite sharp. There's a few other things in the lot like an Agfa Silette 1 and a camera bag.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2024 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome gitarzan! Where are you located?

Looking forward to your results from those lenses!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2024 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Gitarzan

If you're willing to sell the Canon FD 135/3.5, please send me a PM.
Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2024 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Visualopsins:

I'm in Dublin, Ohio.

Caspert79:

I may or may not sell the 135. Not sure yet. BUT, if I do, I'll notify you first.