Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What's the latest lens you added to your collection?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2024 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

caspert79 wrote:
Just bought the Minolta AF 70-210/4 beercan. It was so darn cheap, I couldn’t let it pass.
Used to have this lens in my analogue days by the way, and was quite happy with it.

What do you mean by "so damn chap" ...?

I remember the former head of servicing at Minolta Switzerland telling me that they had litterally had trashed "waste containers full of MinAF 4/70-210 mm lenses" during the transition period from the "beercan" to later much lighter MinAF 70-210mm lenses (plastic fantastic MinAF 3.5-4.5/70-210 and 4.5-5.6/70-210).

S

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2024 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
caspert79 wrote:
Just bought the Minolta AF 70-210/4 beercan. It was so darn cheap, I couldn’t let it pass.
Used to have this lens in my analogue days by the way, and was quite happy with it.

What do you mean by "so damn chap" ...?

I remember the former head of servicing at Minolta Switzerland telling me that they had litterally had trashed "waste containers full of MinAF 4/70-210 mm lenses" during the transition period from the "beercan" to later much lighter MinAF 70-210mm lenses (plastic fantastic MinAF 3.5-4.5/70-210 and 4.5-5.6/70-210).

S

Yeah, that's amazing, and you could call it a crime Smile
I paid € 40 and I found it within 1 minute after starting my search. Typical asking price here seems to be 60 €, but probably they sell for less.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2024 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Yeah, that's amazing, and you could call it a crime Smile
I paid € 40 and I found it within 1 minute after starting my search. Typical asking price here seems to be 60 €, but probably they sell for less.

Yeah, the prices on these really cratered after Sony killed off the A mount. Prior to then, they regularly sold for $200+ and were popular pairings for the various Sony SLTs.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voigtlander Nokton 42.5mm 0.95 in MFT mount. Lovely lovely images with that lens.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2024 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Congrats Tuzki with lens

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2024 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rloewy wrote:
Voigtlander Nokton 42.5mm 0.95 in MFT mount. Lovely lovely images with that lens.

Very nice !

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2024 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very pleased with this:

The biter bit: won't mount on any of my pentax dslr's Sad

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2024 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats marcusBMG Fast mirror! Looks nice. I guess too big diameter to fit on Pentax? Would probably fit on mirrorless. What mount is it?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2024 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks visualopsins. It's M42 mount. As you can see from the pic it's very flush to the end. The protruding flash mount/beak on the camera casings prevents the lens attaching.
I may diy a pk mount (the mount looks readily swappable) that is sufficiently protruding to get onto one of my cameras, see how much focus range I lose.
I need to get the samsung NX20 off the shelf its been neglected for a good while.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2024 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These Sovuet mirror lenses typically have enough extra play in the helical that you can attach a short extension tube and adjust the infinity stop to use them with infinity on a Pentax DSLR. I did this when I was still shooting on a K-1.

marcusBMG wrote:
Thanks visualopsins. It's M42 mount. As you can see from the pic it's very flush to the end. The protruding flash mount/beak on the camera casings prevents the lens attaching.
I may diy a pk mount (the mount looks readily swappable) that is sufficiently protruding to get onto one of my cameras, see how much focus range I lose.
I need to get the samsung NX20 off the shelf its been neglected for a good while.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2024 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats an intereting suggestion brian. On this lens the gap between the focus ring and the tripod ring at infinity focus is only a few (~4-5) mm, that limits the focus adjustment and the extension I would need to add to the mount would be more. But it's worth a try, if only to get back some of the focus range. The lens only focused to about 30mm with a 10mm extension tube on.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2024 10:51 am    Post subject: Super-Takumar Reply with quote

A friend gave me a Asahi Pentax Spotmatic with Super-Takumar 1.4/50mm and 2.8/105mm and I recently used them for the first time. Quite happy with the results. First image with the 50mm and the second with 105mm.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2024 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Congrats

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2024 5:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Super-Takumar Reply with quote

SandroB wrote:
A friend gave me a Asahi Pentax Spotmatic with Super-Takumar 1.4/50mm and 2.8/105mm and I recently used them for the first time. Quite happy with the results. First image with the 50mm and the second with 105mm.

Total classics and great images from them!

Ringo approves...