Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What's the latest lens you added to your collection?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@StillSanj
Why not buy a copy of 75/1.9 instead of two 58/1.9?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
@StillSanj

I don't like paying full 'retail'. Both the m42 primoplans I will have will have cost me <$500 combined.
Harder to come across a good 1.9/75 without paying $1200+, but then I busted virtually my entire budget on a lens at face value.
I don't seek lenses, they find me.

Or simply because that's how I like it Smile

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StillSanj wrote:
calvin83 wrote:
@StillSanj

I don't like paying full 'retail'. Both the m42 primoplans I will have will have cost me <$500 combined.
Harder to come across a good 1.9/75 without paying $1200+, but then I busted virtually my entire budget on a lens at face value.
I don't seek lenses, they find me.

Or simply because that's how I like it Smile

This is exactly what I do. Friends

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Tokina 30-70 in Pentax Ka-mount. It was free with a ProgramA-body which 'does not work'. Hmm, let's insert some batteries. This is third ProgramA/ProgramPlus with lenses I had to take care for 'non-working'. Sad

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightshow wrote:
Layer-cake wrote:
Flektagon 25mm F4 which is exquisite, I prefer it loads over the Olympus 24mm f2.8 I have but this is most likely due to copy variance
Canon 58mm F1.2 which is OK, I still prefer my Minolta 50mm F1.4
Trioplan 100mm F2.8 which has some front element damage but still works nice enough for the bubbles;)
And a 40mm F1.7 from a yashica electro DX that I converted to sony e mount, its very good from F2 onwards. Its very similar to other yashica lenses that I've used in regards to the nisen bokeh I find they produce. It has a very small profile on the NEX mount and doesn't need much as far as converting goes which is nice.

I passed on a Yashica Electro with a 40/1.7, Would you, could you, please post some pics of and from it? Thanks in advance.

Indeed I will, I'm going to Durban for a week so I'll do it when I get back and post it in the diy section.

Really was the easiest lens I've done a conversion on, tested it out a bit more today turns out it's super sharp, even wide open.

If you can still get the camera, do so and I'll post the steps when I return.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New purchase: Jena Prakticar (Pancolar) 50mm 1.8.
I was searching for a set of extension rings for Praktica bayonet without succes, but found a Praktica B200 for sale with the Jena 50mm 1.8.
Last week I stopped bidding for a Jena Prakticar, because the price went too high for me.
This one (including that big rearcap) was € 20 +PP and so attractive for me.
I hope it is as good as it looks Wink
I have ordered an adapter from China.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tokina 75-150. Nice, cheap, small and good fl for NX10.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing new yet, but I've got my eye on a Tokina AT-X 150-500 f/5.6 SD. I don't know anything about it, though. I have its little brother, the AT-X 100-300 f/4 SD, which has turned out to be an outstanding zoom. So if the 150-500 is as good, it'll be a good buy.

Anybody here have any experience with the Tokina 150-500/5.6?

Last edited by cooltouch on Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
Nothing new yet, but I've got my eye on a Tokina AT-X 150-500 f/5.6 SD. I don't know anything about it, though. I have its little brother, the AT-X 100-300 f/4 SD, which has turned out to be an outstanding zoom. So if the 150-500 is as good, it'll be a good buy.

Anybody here have any experience with the Tokina 100-500/5.6?

Although I have not used the Tokina 150-500, I bet your Tamron SP 300/2.8 with 1.4x TC will be much sharper than the Tokina(see here http://forums.steves-digicams.com/pentax-lenses/131868-lba-tokina-150-500-f5-6-x-sd-manual-focus-7-imgs.html ). The relatively cheap modern AF zoom like the Sigma 150-600mm f/5-6.3 DG OS HSM | C will be a better choice if you really need a zoom.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that link. One of the pics showed that big Tokina sitting next to the Tamron 300/2.8 and several other popular lenses. Showing it next to the 300/2.8 really helped put its size into perspective for me. That is a HUGE lens. Kinda reminds me of a 200-400 f/4 Nikkor I owned years ago. That was an enormous lens too. I also own the Tamron SP 200-500 f/5.6 zoom, which is probably about the same size as the Tokina, but I believe weighs a bit more. It's really massive.

To me, the Sigma 150-600/5.6-6.3 is not "relatively cheap." Well, I suppose, "relative" is the key term when comparing a lens to Nikon or Canon. But I can pick up the Tokina for less than $300.

Truth is, I don't really need it. I have the Tamron zoom, which is really an outstanding optic, but the Tamron is very heavy -- quite a bit heavier than the Tokina -- so the Tokina might end up being a more practical lens to hold freehand, or to use with just a monopod.

I'll admit it, though. I'm a sucker for long optics. Including mirrors as well as refractors, I have one 650mm, one 600mm, two 500mm's, one 400mm, one 300mm, four 200mm's, five zooms that have 300mm on the long end, plus the Tamron 200-500. And in the past I owned telescopes that gave me focal lengths out to 2600mm.

So, being the admitted sucker that I am, I won't mind a bit if the Tokina duplicates the Tamron 200-500 or the 500 primes. I'm mostly concerned that it will measure up to my other lenses. And based on the reading up of the Tokina I've done and the pics I've seen so far, it appears that it will be a good choice.

Well, I just thought I'd update things. I was following an auction on eBay that closed just a few minutes ago. There was one other person who bid on the lens, but it turns out he wasn't very serious. I won it for $280. Nikon mount, comes with the case and front cap (important for that 95mm front filter size) and even some optional rear-mount filters. That's a great price, considering what others are selling for on eBay.

Here it is:
Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have them yet, but I have just bought 3 DKL mount lenses.I have not tried these type of lenses before, so a little curious as to how they will work on my DKL-M4/3 adapter.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Waiting this week for the arrival of the Vivitar Series 1 105mm f/2.5 which will be my macro specialty lens.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Waiting on a Computar 25mm f1.4, and a Nikkor H auto 28mm f3.5.
Recently added a Nikkor H auto 50mm f2, and a Nikkor NC auto 24mm f2.8.

Haven't bought any Minolta glass this month. Having no luck finding what I want at the right price.
In the mean time my small collection of Nikon glass is growing.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I paid $46 for a lot of six c-mount lenses.. They all looked brand new and half were still in the original boxes.

Navitar 75mm f/1.3
Navitar 25mm f/1.4
Computar 50mm f/1.8
Computar 25mm f/1.8
Computar 16mm f/1.4 (2x)

I was a little surprised to find that the Navitar 75mm f/1.3 vignettes on my Sony NEX ..switching to 16:9 mode does make it mostly go away however. and no adapter issue with mine, it does focus at infinity fine...

The biggest surprise was the Computar 50/1.8.. No vignetting and seems like a very nice lens with only 3 aperture blades for triangle bokeh (like in a Rollei distagon 35/1.4) but super long MFD (3ft) for a 50mm

Everything else vignetted pretty badly although i'm not complaining at approx $7.60 USD per lens Smile

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:45 am    Post subject: Elitar Soligor 1-1/2inch f1.4 Reply with quote

It was my birthday recently and my son gifted me an Elitar Soligor 1-1/2inch f1.4 lens.
Mucho Gratias my son.
Here are some images.
OH

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And even the case! What a beauty, thanks for showing!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exquisite piece! And a belated Happy Birthday!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks fellas. I will need to make up a spacer washer to hold this onto my C-mount adapter before I can use it. It is a simple thing to make but I will need some help from a friend of mine.
Cheers
OH

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
Thanks fellas. I will need to make up a spacer washer to hold this onto my C-mount adapter before I can use it. It is a simple thing to make but I will need some help from a friend of mine.
Cheers
OH

I have the exact lens. It is in D-mount and it will focus far on a C-mount adapter(unless you put the lens depth into the adapter but it may interfere with the shutter). As it is designed for 8mm cine camera, it will not cover an APS-C camera and you may get some serious vignetting even on a M4/3 camera. It should works fine on the Pentax Q if you have the correct D-mount adapter.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
Oldhand wrote:
Cheers
OH

I have the exact lens. It is in D-mount and it will focus far on a C-mount adapter(unless you put the lens depth into the adapter but it may interfere with the shutter). As it is designed for 8mm cine camera, it will not cover an APS-C camera and you may get some serious vignetting even on a M4/3 camera.

Thanks Calvin. Yes it will go inside the C-mount adapter, but I will try it with a short extension ring to see if that will overcome the vignette
OH

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
calvin83 wrote:
Oldhand wrote:
Cheers
OH

I have the exact lens. It is in D-mount and it will focus far on a C-mount adapter(unless you put the lens depth into the adapter but it may interfere with the shutter). As it is designed for 8mm cine camera, it will not cover an APS-C camera and you may get some serious vignetting even on a M4/3 camera.

Thanks Calvin. Yes it will go inside the C-mount adapter, but I will try it with a short extension ring to see if that will overcome the vignette
OH

The small opening at the rear will induce mechanical vignetting. You will need to remove the lens head from the helicoid if you want to get remove the mechanical vignetting.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This Beautiful Canon 85mm 1.9 ltm

Me thinks it's a Serenar but Serenar does not appear on the lens.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the Tamron SP 35-80/2.8-3.8 in excellent condition.

Tamron SP Adaptall-2 35-80/2.8-3.8 (01A) by Chih-Mao Chen, on Flickr

Since I also have a Vivitar S1 28-90/2.8-3.5, the primary contender of good old manual zooms at this price point. I should do a comparison between the two when I have time for that. Wink

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BeardsAreBest wrote:
This Beautiful Canon 85mm 1.9 ltm

Me thinks it's a Serenar but Serenar does not appear on the lens.

Maybe a transitional model? Sure looks like a Serenar. I have a 100mm Serenar that looks almost identical to that one.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightshow wrote:
I picked up a trio of Rokkor-X lenses.
28/2.8 $9.75
45/2 $4.99
50/1.4 $14.99
All USD, so there are some deals out there.

Just a small update, the 28 & 45 are both MDII, the 50 is MDI, focus is not as smooth as I'd like, I'll probably relube them at some point.