Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What is C-Curtagon?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:01 pm    Post subject: What is C-Curtagon? Reply with quote

Hi ,
The C-Curtagon turns up regularly in the ebay, compare to the Curtagon, it is very compact! It is an excellent snap shooter too.

But what is that "C" stands for? Any secret behind?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"C" = compact

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe that's curtagon for Kodak Retina bayonet. not DKL one

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IAZA is correct - it's for the folding Retina IIc/IIC/IIIc/IIIC models and - I think - the original Retina Reflex.

It's a conversion lens which replaces the front elements of the camera's standard one, so it can't be used in any other application.

And as LucisPictor said, it is indeed very compact.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C-Curtagon 35/2.8 is M42 lens which was reportedly designed for some motion picture camera. It can be used on DSLRs, but the old (standard) Curtagon 35/2.8 is sharper.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C-Curtagon 2.8/35 is a lens for safety cameras.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you should show us the picture of this C curtagon?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Veijo vilva has one on his site, wth samples:
http://galactinus.net/vilva/retro/eos350d_c-curtagon.html
The lens is a compact M42 indeed

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no-X wrote:
C-Curtagon 35/2.8 is M42 lens which was reportedly designed for some motion picture camera. It can be used on DSLRs, but the old (standard) Curtagon 35/2.8 is sharper.

Whoops! Am I wrong? Or are we both correct?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scsambrook wrote:
no-X wrote:

Whoops! Am I wrong? Or are we both correct?

Wrong! This lens was used in Robot cameras placed in banks and post offices. Not the regular wellknown Robot, but an ugly special camera with M42 mount. Sometimes equipped with Robotar lenses, too.

Klaus

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confusion solved - the folding Retina lens is Retina Curtar Xenon C . Old age must be fuddling my memory Embarassed