Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What are smallest-lightest in 20-30mm range for Pentax?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smull wrote:
What about the voigtlander skopor 20/3,5. It's very small, available for Pentax and I heard it was good!

Alas, I haven't US$600 to spend on one. Darn...

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
I got a huge Docter Optics zoom and a Tair-3C, between those two that's a few kilos of steel! lol

Oh, I have my share of heavyweights. Bench-pressing them is good exercise, yes indeed.

Quote:
More seriously, I second David's recommendation of the Pentacon/Meyer 3.5/30, cracking lens and really small.

Y'all have convinced me to grab that. I think I saw that it's around 200g so a bit much for the mini-kit, but worth having and using anyway. Is it a cut above the Lydith 30/3.5, or the Meyer Ostregon or Pentacon 29/2.8? I really don't know much about these.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been told by very reliable sources here that it is the lydith in drag ! Hence my own search for this little gem Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can Pentax 110 lenses be adapted?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

erkie wrote:
I've been told by very reliable sources here that it is the lydith in drag !

I suspected that but I had to ask. Should the 29/2.8s be avoided?

barnaby wrote:
Can Pentax 110 lenses be adapted?

I was going to say: No, not if I want anything near infinity focus. P110 register is 27mm, even shorter than Leica M and LTM. I have adapted Argus lenses with register about 35mm, by sticking the Argus through a PK body cap by 11mm to compensate for the register difference. But going back another 8mm would just be too far.

Then I thought, hmmm, maybe. I just stuck my only LTM lens (with too wide a base for further testing) into M42 and PK-mount SLRs and the results are promising. If LTM works, then P110 might. But then I think: Why hasn't anyone made LTM-dSLR adapters (for Canon and Pentax anyway) that pushes the lens into the mount throat? One problem is that the PK mount throat is only about 42mm wide, so it needs narrower lenses to fit. But that is worth checking out!

So for further testing, what is the cheapest, meanest, slimmest LTM lens I'm likely to find? (Oh, this could open the door to more LBA!) But I suspect that the image circle of P110 lenses will be too small. Unless used as full-circle fisheyes maybe? If I can find a cheap P110 lens, that will certainly be worth testing!

EDIT: I just check data on P110 lenses and the 18 and 24 are certainly small enough to fit down a PK throat. The 24 isn't much liked -- bad flare -- but it should be cheap for testing. And if it works... VOILA!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

P110 lenses work fine on NEX. I didn't get good IQ from mine though.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asahi Super-Multi-Coated TAKUMAR 20/4.5 - 250g - super-wide and very light , for comparison my Nikkor-UD 20/3.5 weight - 390g

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:

NEX register is a bit shorter than PK. And if your P110 lens is the 24, it's not well thought of -- big flare, etc. The 18, 50 and 70 are rated rather higher. I just won a P110 with the 18/2.8 so I'll get to see how|if it works. If nothing else, I'll have another Pentax cam to display.

izvar wrote:
Asahi Super-Multi-Coated TAKUMAR 20/4.5 - 250g - super-wide and very light , for comparison my Nikkor-UD 20/3.5 weight - 390g

That would be a nice one to have, much smaller than my Tokina 21/3.4. A bit heavy for this mini-kit, but it's on my want list.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have a much space or light to shoot lens pics in so sorry for the bad pic. I thought I'd post this for size comparison.
Left is the Fuijita made 2.5/35, in the middle for size comparison is my FED 3.5/50, right is the Fujita made 4.5/135, in the back for size comparison is a normal sized 35mm, the Minolta 2.8/35 HG

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

walter g wrote:
Left is the Fuijita made 2.5/35, in the middle for size comparison is my FED 3.5/50, right is the Fujita made 4.5/135, in the back for size comparison is a normal sized 35mm, the Minolta 2.8/35 HG

Those are indeed compact! The Fujitas are on par with my Sandmar 35/4.5 and Tele-Sandmar 100/4.5, and undoubtedly sharper. I've read that the Fujita tele is the smallest 135 around. Darn, now I'll have to start looking for those...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RioRico wrote:
iangreenhalgh1 wrote:

NEX register is a bit shorter than PK. And if your P110 lens is the 24, it's not well thought of -- big flare, etc. The 18, 50 and 70 are rated rather higher. I just won a P110 with the 18/2.8 so I'll get to see how|if it works. If nothing else, I'll have another Pentax cam to display.

izvar wrote:

That would be a nice one to have, much smaller than my Tokina 21/3.4. A bit heavy for this mini-kit, but it's on my want list.

I have the 18, 24 and 50, none of them performed well for me.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
I have the 18, 24 and 50, none of them performed well for me.

My Auto 110 just arrived, complete with the 18/2.8. And I cannot force-fit the lens onto a PK mount in any way, no matter how perverted. Luckily the kit was cheap, and will look nice on the display shelf next to the Spotty, K1000, and MV1.

And I'm still searching for an ultralight in the 20-30mm range. This may be a long-term quest, my Holy Grail (without Pythons).