Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Westlicht Auction - Leica madness: 24. November 2012
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject: Westlicht Auction - Leica madness: 24. November 2012 Reply with quote

See http://www.westlicht-auction.com/index.php?id=174750

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, I could have a Heer Leica with 2/50 Summar for 12-15000eu or a Kriegsmarine Contax with 2/50 Sonnar for 1800eu.

The Leica price seems somewhat unreasonable to me, Heer Leicas were made in reasonable quantities, surely the can't be that rare now?

Relevant historical images of both in action:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Leica II Mod.D 'Robert Capa' Nr. 90023 (1930)"

I read that Capa used Contax -cameras. At least 1943-44.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He did, possibly he tried the Leica first and ditched it in favour of the superior Contax?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He for sure had a Contax during the landing at Omaha Beach where he sh** in his pants and wasted his rolls and later he
(or his agency) invented the excuse of the goofy darkroom technician burning his negatives... Laughing
Don't get me wrong he was a great photographer, I have a huge book of his and he did fantastic work. Simply, not at Omaha Wink

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
He for sure had a Contax during the landing at Omaha Beach where he sh** in his pants and wasted his rolls and later he
(or his agency) invented the excuse of the goofy darkroom technician burning his negatives... Laughing
Don't get me wrong he was a great photographer, I have a huge book of his and he did fantastic work. Simply, not at Omaha Wink

I would not even have pressed the shutter button once there! Shocked

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
is there anyone who didn´t shit his pants at Omaha beach? Smile I guess how lucky was he that he even wasn´t injured or anything. his photos are amazing

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

berraneck wrote:
is there anyone who didn´t shit his pants at Omaha beach? Smile I guess how lucky was he that he even wasn´t injured or anything. his photos are amazing

Yes, lucky, but also quick in getting back on the barge Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

online catalog is out now:

http://www.westlicht-auction.com/index.php?id=2397078