Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

well...it's manual focus now
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:43 pm    Post subject: well...it's manual focus now Reply with quote

it WAS AF, but not anymore.

the nex can control aperture, but AF only hunts.

shot with nFD 20mm f/2.8 on vg10

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, that's a good proportion Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I call it the anti-pancake

not my sharpest shot, no pp, gives FOV---way too warm i know. 8mm

no. it's not MY house, hehe.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more I see and read, the more I want one. Cool

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm sorry, but for the purpose of our forum this is still an AF lens Wink

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand, NP sorry.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

uhoh7 wrote:

Shame. 'Cause that's a really nice house!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
uhoh7 wrote:

Shame. 'Cause that's a really nice house!

Another shot with crop

100%

ok a few more shots

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great shots, great combination, and very sexy camera.. but what's with the Union Flag soft furnishings? lol

Doug

(And yes fellow pedants, it IS the Union Flag - it is properly only called the Union Jack when flown from a ship!)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nemesis101 wrote:
Great shots, great combination, and very sexy camera.. but what's with the Union Flag soft furnishings? lol

Doug

(And yes fellow pedants, it IS the Union Flag - it is properly only called the Union Jack when flown from a ship!)

hehe,

the owner lived in the UK for many years

great point on the jack vs flag! never knew that

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nemesis101 wrote:

Doug

The Union Flag, or Union Jack, is the national flag of the United Kingdom.

See...

http://www.royal.gov.uk/MonarchUK/Symbols/UnionJack.aspx

The Official Website of the British Monarchy.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that a bull, the huge print that covers the wall?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Himself wrote:
Is that a bull, the huge print that covers the wall?

it's a giant hand drawn bull, right down to the hair.

here you can see it from another angle

i'm learning to use the sigma at 8mm (12mm effective). Everything is straight out of the camera except a little touch on the levels. Elevation seems to be critical for keeping distortion in check--to high or low and the perspective gets distracting.

these shots are at night obviously, but today I was playing with HDR, shooting interiors with 6 images and merging in CS5 to get a good interior in daytime.

normal jpeg

after my HDR experiment: (from 6 raw images)

some crops

The non-hdr is just a jpg I shot for comparsion--missed the focus but you get the idea.

Some of my clients have some giant houses, hehe, and I think I may be able to drum up some work on the side if I can shoot their interiors AND show the views out the window.
I'm sure alot of you guys have done this a bunch--first time for me.

The sigma cost me a small fortune 625 + 175 for special sony-made adapter that allows aperture control of all alpha lenses, but it really does perform.

Last edited by uhoh7 on Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:53 am; edited 3 times in total

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impressive drawing!
And extremely detailed.
Here is what I had in mind when I saw it

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/5b/BeefCutShortLoinTenderloin.svg

Beautiful interiors!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok ok heres a full crop of the bull:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's an amazing home!!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uhoh7 , I like the small cameras , in fact I am looking for such cameras. I hate the big ,heavy ,obtrusive zooms. I don't like, to be honnest, the unbalanced outfits , like this . Laughing But I like the 1.5 crop sensor better than a 2x crop and also I like the advantages of the mirrorless bodyes.
All in all , great results , that's important ! Impressive this 12mm - like wide angle images! Congratulations !
the shots were taken handheld , I suppose ? It's interesting , because as far as I know , the NEX doesn't have IS ( it's a shame , I am a big fan of the stabilised bodyes ,even if my only such one is my G9)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yinyangbt wrote:
uhoh7 , I like the small cameras , in fact I am looking for such cameras. I hate the big ,heavy ,obtrusive zooms. I don't like, to be honnest, the unbalanced outfits , like this . Laughing But I like the 1.5 crop sensor better than a 2x crop and also I like the advantages of the mirrorless bodyes.
All in all , great results , that's important ! Impressive this 12mm - like wide angle images! Congratulations !
the shots were taken handheld , I suppose ? It's interesting , because as far as I know , the NEX doesn't have IS ( it's a shame , I am a big fan of the stabilised bodyes ,even if my only such one is my G9)

TY, sir

These are tripod shots, since the sigma is not fast.

Many comment on tiny back vs big lens: actually it seems fine to me. You hold the lens and it feels fine.

The lecia lenses match the back perfectly and make for a small powerfull package.

But you can handhold very well with reletively large lenses like the tokina at-x 90mm.

The live view and focus assist (7x AND 14x) are a dream for MF.

The camera will shoot 7fps, so sometimes i pull the focus ring a bit as i fire, sure to get one image sharp and steady.

Also the LCD is incredible high rez--like an iphone.

It's really fun-- I now have near 15 lenses bought just for this camera--with much help from this forum.

here you can see handheld 135mm soligar f/2
http://picasaweb.google.com/csvp07/Soligar?authkey=Gv1sRgCOzs0Z_vsKOjYw#

dark test shots wide open, at 1/320 but you can see the potenial.