Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Walk on a rainy day
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:17 pm    Post subject: Walk on a rainy day Reply with quote

In january on a short walk (with Pentax P50 + Chinon 50mm f:1.7 + Kodak Profoto 100)

1. (crop)

(c) Cosmin Munteanu

(c) Cosmin Munteanu

(c) Cosmin Munteanu

4. (crop)

(c) Cosmin Munteanu

(c) Cosmin Munteanu

(c) Cosmin Munteanu

(c) Cosmin Munteanu

(c) Cosmin Munteanu

9. ( Greyscale )

(c) Cosmin Munteanu

10. Bonus - another day and another lens : smc Pentax-F 35-105 (but the same camera/film combo)

(c) Cosmin Munteanu

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rare seen series! 1# is brilliant!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Cosmin, the more I see of your style, the more I become a fan of your photography! Great shots!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow nice style!
all are super but #5 is my favorite!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#3 is my favourite (great shot!) great way to isolate the detail from the context.

I also like #5, it really gives a feeling of loneliness, and also #1, great detail and nie idea to show the drops

#6 I like very much the concept but I think it would have worked better with a deep DOF. It would have given "reality" to the bench and made the paper understandeable.

In general I would try not to "overdo" the wide open/narrow DOF style, on many subjects. Which I understand is a big temptation, and all of us tend to indulge in it (me included) But while it is perfect for some subjects (like #3), it does not fit every subject, this in my opinion of course.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cosmin

Loved them all. Were they your shoes?

patrickh

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cosmin, nice series. My favs, 1, 3, 5 and 10.

Which protection for your camera do you use to shot under the rain?. (Since we have so little rain in the area, we use not to go out when raining...).

Jes

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful captures Cosmin Smile You show us we can make use of unpleasant weather sometimes. 3 and 5 are my favs but I like them all.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much for appreciations and comments.

I used a wider aperture, somehow being forced by the poor light and the film's ISO (only 100). As speed I think is was around 1/30-1/15 on the later ones (6 and Cool, where the background was without sky.
No, I didn't use no protection for the camera. I wheared it under my coat and when I saw something worth to photograph I took it and made the picture, quickly, and than, hide it back.
And, no again, the shoes weren't mine but now I think I would have been great another shot, heaving the same shoes in the foreground the the store, exactly to the left (~2 meters to the left of the image/shoes) which is selling shoes too. But now its too late. I mist that one. I wasn't careful and I wasn't paying enough attention to the details. Sorry.
Thank you all, again.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great set particularly 3 & 6

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cosmin
At the risk of sounding rude and condescending (and I mean neither), it has been fun watching your "style" develop over the past few months. Very Happy Very Happy

patrickh