Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

W-Nikkor f2.5 3.5cm (35mm) - evening walk in Weinheim/German
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:17 pm    Post subject: W-Nikkor f2.5 3.5cm (35mm) - evening walk in Weinheim/German Reply with quote

Here a few examples shot this evening using that same lens Tony used on a Lumix GH1 @ISO640

http://forum.mflenses.com/night-shots-with-nikkor-w-3-5cm-2-5-and-gxr-t55161.html

Not an easy lighting situation and yes, the lens has a tendency, most likely greenish tint indeed.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great stuff! sharp as a tack! yes also on greenish tint, must be some property of the lens in general. makes it great for b&w portraits.
i bet you will use it some more after these great results!
tony

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Tony, I certainly will!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better light do help a lot on many pictures, I like them all.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klaus - another fine set for this lens. Apparently I was attributed with this post - for which I apologize.

patrickh

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wondered when you went to Germany Patrick Very Happy

Klaus very nice images...there is something special about night images of lights and Christmas.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrickh wrote:
Klaus - another fine set for this lens. Apparently I was attributed with this post - for which I apologize.

patrickh

No need to apologize Patrick - It was my mistake actually, I had posted this as a response to Tony's thread about that same lens, then thought it maight get the impression of hijacking his thread, so I split off my part - but incidentially split from your post Patrick (which Atiila helped to correct), so now it's attributed to you... oh well.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few "light" images that this lens nicely captured, quite flare resistant it is...

and a "bokeh study"...

bokeh shows a well corrected lens, not over and not under corrected.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely results.
I like them all.
A bit swirly bokeh.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Hoan, yes it swirls, but only a little and disappears when stopped down a bit.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dr klaus, you are always welcome to post pictures on my threads! no need to think about 'hijacking', i love your work.

about this lens, can you think of any 35mm at this price and size that can compete with it in terms of sharpness and flare resistance?
tony

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Tony, very nice of you!

The Tevidon f1.9/35mm comes to mind, but it is about twice the size, tack sharp, very high contrast, neutral (bit cold) tone, quite flare proof. Then the M-Rokkor 2/40mm which also is a very sharp and contrasty lens, also quite flare prrof, but 5mm longer in focal length.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely images all. I searched on eBay for W-Nikkor and found reference to several types of lenses, one that was for an underwater camera and others which included references to being for RF camera. Which one, may I ask, did you use, please?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the kind words. Of course I used the rangefinder lens Wink
but I have to admit that it rained quite a bit here lately....