Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Volna-3 2.8/80mm P6
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, that's one big adapter. I'm more used to thickness in millimeters rather than inches. My main concern was with how fat the lens is as some lenses won't fit on my camera when mounted to my shoulder support for video. I've only had that problem when a photographer wanted to loan me his 50 1.2 Canon L but it looks like diameter-wise it shouldn't present a problem at all.

Thanks for going through the trouble of taking those pics for me. I really appreciate it!

Chris W

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got the lens in today and it's very nice. I only shot for 10 minutes before the sun went down and shot this video. It's not my finest hour shooting wise as I'm getting used to the lens and how to best stabilize it with my shoulder mount......

http://vimeo.com/12096721

And here's a few stills from the video. Again not my finest hour but the colors are just amazing on it right out of the cam that I had to share....

I'm shooting a Hindu Wedding over the weekend so I'm sure that I'll have much better stuff to show you guys soon with this lens and my other alt lenses. Thanks for turning me on to this glass. I see a bright future with it.

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats, Chris.
Happy for you.
Enjoy the wedding and show us some nice pics.
Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is making me want this lens even more! I like your video style Chris, very professional. What video editing software do you use?

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
This is making me want this lens even more! I like your video style Chris, very professional. What video editing software do you use?

It's a great lens Peter, if you like Russian glass. I don't think I appreciated it when I had it and sold it for the sharper Tamron 90.

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
It's a great lens Peter, if you like Russian glass.

Surely by now you must know I lurve Russian glass! Just look at my list Smile

BTW, we should say Soviet glass, not only Russian

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

In the case of the Volna/Arsat, Russian is actually incorrect. It's a Ukrainian lens. How independent the arsenal plant was from Soviet politics is another issue entirely. So you may not be inclined to call them "Ukrainian" over "soviet" before '91. But after that period, "soviet" is no longer applicable and "Russian" never is.

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice sharp pictures Oliver. Now I want yet another lens. Wink

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

revers wrote:
Very nice sharp pictures Oliver. Now I want yet another lens. Wink

Thank you Ron. Wink

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

themoleman342 wrote:
Quote:

In the case of the Volna/Arsat, Russian is actually incorrect. It's a Ukrainian lens. How independent the arsenal plant was from Soviet politics is another issue entirely. So you may not be inclined to call them "Ukrainian" over "soviet" before '91. But after that period, "soviet" is no longer applicable and "Russian" never is.

Quite right, thanks for the correction Marc. My newest "East European" lens at the moment is 1986 from KMZ in Russia Smile